Why no front foglights?

zebedee8

In 12 years of driving, I've only ever needed front fogs once, and even then the fog was so thick it made almost no difference.

It would be better if no manufacturers fitted them to cars over here, then muppets wouldn't be tempted to either use them as DRLs, forgetting to turn them off or more usually just putting them on when they're completely unnecessary.

a decent set of LED daylight units would be better i think, just havent found a quality set yet, most ebay specials look really cheap...hence they are cheap!

Thanks for all the replys guys :thumbs: just wanted to get some general opinions on to have or not!

drls sound the best option imo.

Z

a decent set of LED daylight units would be better i think, just havent found a quality set yet, most ebay specials look really cheap...hence they are cheap!

Thanks for all the replys guys :thumbs: just wanted to get some general opinions on to have or not!

drls sound the best option imo.

Z

If you're worried about being seen in the daylight, then put your headlights on. That's all DRLs are for, visibility.

Not in the fog. If you have harsh directional light it will just bounce back at you.