Windscreen seal popping out

CrumbMC

I noticed this had popped out a few days ago. it will push back down quite easily as i have shown in the other pic but it makes a noise like i've got a roof rack on and i'm worried about water ingress.

Search function only found http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36817&hilit=windscreen which was not really too much use.

Was just wondering if any of you had any tips or guidance of how i would go about doing this properly and what i would need to do it. thanks :thumbs: Pics below

Liftedseal2.jpg

Liftedseal1.jpg

Best to fit a new one :thumbs:

Alex :)

I have the same problem. Whaddya mean "fit a new one"? A whole. new. windscreen?! Isn't that going to be expensive??

A new top moulding, as they are not reusable and should be replaced every time you fit a new screen or if they pop out.

Best to fit a new one :thumbs:

I have the same problem. Whaddya mean "fit a new one"? A whole. new. windscreen?! Isn't that going to be expensive??

A new top moulding, as they are not reusable and should be replaced every time you fit a new screen or if they pop out.

OK thanks - I'll get Abbey to make the necessary adjustments while it's being dismantled :thumbs:

I took it to my local windscreen place this afternoon. He explained that in most cases the whole windscreen would have to come out to replace it properly.

As it was half 3 i asked him to see if he could fix it up temporarily and 5 mins later he had it back in.

He just used a heat gun to soften it, applied some of the glue they use and it popped right back in. Still think I'll get it replaced soon as its a bit wobbly (i'll get a pic soon) but if any of you have this problem and have a hairdryer / heat gun i would recommend trying to get it back in yourself while you decide whether you want to risk taking your windscreen out to replace it.

Got the tyres on too today so it has been a good car-day. :teeth: