Rear brakes changed and a bit of a wax - pics

barryrob78

Rear brakes started grinding a few days ago so ordered me up some shiney new ones. I fitted them this morning.

DSCF4554.jpg

They are however still making a slight grind from the nearside, not constant but a singular continual noise increasing and decreasing with speed and only when turning left! I stripped them again and cleaned up but no difference. The noise does go away when i pull the handbrake slightly while going left?? The handbrake was adjusted correctly and holds the car well. Any ideas?

Also gave her a bit of a wax/polish...

DSCF4562.jpg

DSCF4561.jpg

:thumbs:

have you tried backing the handbrake right off, and taking it for a drive!

dont forget you WONT have a handbrake whilst doing this and it is strictly for diagnosis purposes only :lol:

gotta be worth a go for the little effort it requires?

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Would a bearing noise not be constant? This is more irregular and only when i turn left.

It must be the handbrake, i'll have to strip the disks and clean up.

Mods - feel free to move if this is becoming more brake technical. :thumbs:

a bearing that is JUST starting to wear will be noisier when that wheel is 'under load'.

when i test for bearings i drive up the road (when it is clear) and weave left and right at about 40/50 and really put each side of the car under load.

this USUALLY helps me determine which side the noise is coming from (if it is a bearing noise that is).

good luck mate! :thumbs: