yes another wheel question

Dano190485

right last question (i promise) this weekend im picking up a set of tsw jamara front 19" 8.5jj et20 and rear 19" 9.5jj et40 the tyres on them are front 225/35 zr19 and rear 265/30 zr19 there coming off a nissan skyline and the wheels and tyres are only 2 months old and the alloys and tyres are in amazing condition but i just want to know if there be a ok swap for my rays. i have a 2008 313hr 350z if that makes any difference. Im really sorry to ask but i really have no idea when it comes to wheels and i dont want any nasty surprises. i would really appreciate any help and advice

What Rays, standard Rays? The TSW's will weigh a lot more, probably corrode quicker, will fill the arches slightly better but if they are the black centred ones then I think they will look pretty gash too. Theres a few pics online, they arent horrible in silver but I think you can do better.

If the tyres are brand new, thats great, if they are brand new Fullruns then its not so good. Other than that you are on a winner ;)

Theres a reason a brand new set of Rays is well over £2000 and you can pick up Jaramas from new for less than £900, if you want 19's in those sizes buy these viewtopic.php?f=32&t=60337&hilit=19+rays+57f+pro+ro+ja+split+rim+alloy+wheels - they are light, rare, beautifully made and will look like this when they are cleaned up a bit:

19012006238.jpg

And youll also stop me buying yet another set of rims I dont actually need :wacko:

im getting the whole lot for £700 pound so its the cheaper option as i need new tyres any way. the tyres on the tsw are worth over £600 on there own... they are the black centre ones but as i have a gun metal grey car it think there look good but each to there own i suppose. the tyres on them are falkens zr19 which ive looked at reviews on and they have had good feedback. what difference will the weight make and will i notice it?

im getting the whole lot for £700 pound so its the cheaper option as i need new tyres any way. the tyres on the tsw are worth over £600 on there own... they are the black centre ones but as i have a gun metal grey car it think there look good but each to there own i suppose. the tyres on them are falkens zr19 which ive looked at reviews on and they have had good feedback. what difference will the weight make and will i notice it?

The handling, ride, turn in, acceleration and basically all aspects of the cars dynamics wont be so good. The car will also look like its got cheap wheels on it, and Im afraid I dont see how £700 is less than £400 TBH :shrug:

You asked, I gave you the advice, its up to you whether you take it or not but I dont know many people who havent regretted buying cheap wheels.

I swapped out some bog standard 18s for a set of Volks 19s and the difference is very measurable, the weight difference is pretty noticeable. I also noted when swapped out (bearing in mind I went from 18s to 19s) how the handling changed quite significantly, for the better in my view! Lightweight wheels make a huge difference (I only paid £300 more for a set of used Volks and nearly new tyres...).

if it was me i would have bought Fastfu's rays wheels for £500

the falken ze19 are ok for normal cars, they'll be ok on the zed but not as good as the 452's

but those jamaras look heavy as hell. and a bit halfraudy