How many keys should you have with your Zed?

matty316

I know this may be a little random but how many keys should you have with your Zed as i've only got the 1? Just been to my main Nissan dealer and they said it's £105 for the key then £85 to program it.

Cheers, Matty

Have they really? where??

What's the valet key?

Two normal key plus the valet key :thumbs:

PS: Someone just posted a link to your car on eBay :)

The valet key is the blank key with no buttons that can not open the glovebox and only allows the car to go to about 4k rpm if I remember correctly....

Hi mate got one of ebay and took it to the "car key man" in lincoln so if your struggling to get it cut, like timpsons who refuse to cut them. I suggest you give these a try Ive just received a £5 discount voucher your welcome to have. I know they travel all over Lincolnshire but I assume they put the travelling costs on top, anyway see how you get on.

I also only have one. It really gets on my tits how people lose them. Last 2 vehicles i've bought only had one.

Anyway. I contacted my local Nissan, £160.67 for a new key, thought that was a bit steep, so contacted the local locksmith who deal in auto keys/coding etc. £160.00 haha :bang:

The valet key is the blank key with no buttons that can not open the glovebox and only allows the car to go to about 4k rpm if I remember correctly....

Really? I didn't know the valet key limited the revs, I thought that was only available with a valet map through uprev?

You can buy blanks off eBay very cheap and programme yourself I'm sure.

I have 3 keys. 2 and 1 master

As above but just be careful as there are three different types of 2 button Nissan keys that all look the same externally but have different internals. Open up your original to make sure you are getting the same. Pretty sure (but don't quote me) that the one you need has the separate transponder. ( awaiting correction from the technical bods )

Really? I didn't know the valet key limited the revs, I thought that was only available with a valet map through uprev?

I can't 100% confirm because it's been about 5 years since I sold my zed, give it a try :thumbs:

I got a back up key for £50 at Timpsons.

http://www.timpson.co.uk/services/70/remote-car-keys :thumbs:

I'm assuming that was one of the non genuine keys without any remote functions?

Correct, they will only do a manual key and in Lincoln they wanted £70 and as i said earlier they refused to cut my blank key. I wonder why, they even said my key was not a correct duplicate that was bull###t. Got my local car key man who miraculously cut a key that Timpsons said wasnt correct and couldnt work. Hey ho must have been a miracle. :dry:

I got a back up key for £50 at Timpsons.

http://www.timpson.co.uk/services/70/remote-car-keys :thumbs:

I'm assuming that was one of the non genuine keys without any remote functions?

Yes correct but I felt very twitchy about having only one key. I think they do remotes but the guy just read the code on a machine and cut the key and implanted the chip for the NATS on the Z - cheapest option for a back up :thumbs:

Mike