Thoughts on upgrading to BBKs.....

dunc1n1101

Hey folks just a quick post to get some advice...

I have huge wheels on my zed (20in 5 spoke) and my OEM JDM discs and calipers just look tiny and rubbish so Im thinking of getting Brembo (or some other sort of BBKs) all round BUT I cant afford to buy a set for all my wheels in one go (cuz they are mega expensive!!!).

Now I can afford to buy the front kit right now but the rear kit will have to wait until god knows when.

My question is, would you guys advise fitting the front kits and leaving the rears as stock (until I can afford to buy the rears), or would that just look mega ridiculous???

Whats your thoughts/advice guys???

Cheers

Dunc1n

If you're doing it just fr looks, dont bother. 99% of people will never notice, so you're wasting £2k on nothing.

If, however you want to upgrade to improve braking performance as you track your car for example, then go for it - i'd recommend going for the stock brembo calipers with uprated discs and pads. :thumbs:

I know personally I would be looking to either upgrade to the Brembo's or seeing as in reality it itsny hugely more expensive to get D2 big brakes for the car, I think you can get 6 pots front and 4 pots for the rear as whole kits for around £1600 in total. (someone correct me if im wrong)

I would personally be interested to know how much it would actually cost to retrofit the Brembo's, I imagine it would work out to be fairly expensive if you were buying new disks all around and pads, along with lines...

full set of brembos are between £600-£750 come up on ebay and members sell them on as well.

i'd say they are notmal size

BBK would be bigger than brembo, but if you have big wheels it makes a good visual difference.

for now i am using DBA discs with ferodo ds2500 pads and im very very impressed with the results. i was going to go for a big brake kit, but i have no intentions of using the car on track or drift this year so im holding off for now until i go for an engine build over winter.

as has been said, i wouldnt bother about going for a big brake kit if you are just after looks. you also have the issue that is if you are going for performance, you are not going to get the optimum results from a set of 20's either. brembos, dba, ferodo combination has my vote for hard road use. still good for light track use too