Annoying rattle.

Yellowgt4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bother cos ive got bundles of cash just lying about doing nothing! Ive recently spent £1000 on 4 new michelin tyres. My insurance is up this month along with my tax! :rant:

So just blowing ANOTHER £250 for 1 arm is a pebble in the sea.

The reason im asking if they are genuine nissan is cos i work in the trade and have lots of contacts plus trade discounts and i cant get these arms for under £360. And fleabay has 2 aftermarket arms for £200 with free delivery.

Plus im a stereotypical scottish tight wad! Hahahahaha

Ps thanx for all ur responses. And does anyone want to buy a z32? Haha

Haha i know mate!!

plus im easily irritated, so this wee rattle is doing my head in!

The rattle is bloody annoying .... I had it twice .... yours has all the symptoms I encountered ... TWICE ... just bite the bullet and you'll be happy with you Zed again :thumbs:

No bother cos ive got bundles of cash just lying about doing nothing! Ive recently spent £1000 on 4 new michelin tyres. My insurance is up this month along with my tax! :rant:

So just blowing ANOTHER £250 for 1 arm is a pebble in the sea.

The reason im asking if they are genuine nissan is cos i work in the trade and have lots of contacts plus trade discounts and i cant get these arms for under £360. And fleabay has 2 aftermarket arms for £200 with free delivery.

Plus im a stereotypical scottish tight wad! Hahahahaha

Ps thanx for all ur responses. And does anyone want to buy a z32? Haha

Mate... you have asked how to fix the noise. Alex has basically told you that it WILL be this as have others. Its pretty simple. You either save up and get the rattle fixed or shut up and get on with it :doh:

I would rather save up for it and get it fixed. Plus stop putting is Scots down... not all of us are tight arses :lol:

There seems to be al ot of people on here that like to shoot me down and tell me "to shut up and put up with it". Like ive said many times before i appreciate everyones responses. And i was making light hearted jokes. But obviously this forum is too serious and doesnt have the time. Well just to let you know ive ordered 2 genuine nissan arms from the states and its cost me £240 for both including shipping. Ill know in future to not bother asking for help.

Lol +1 jay!

People offered solutions, nobody knocked you down but you were always right no matter what people say...

I'm guessing you bought after market arms... Well guess what if they dont fit etc you will have massive issues with warrantys and sending them back. If you ordered from Alex you always get the zmanalex guarantee which means a no hassle warranty and he is always there to try and support you of anything does go wrong.

To be honest the only person putting you down was yourself... We see this alot here...

Anyways.. Goodluck

So what you actually done was...

Insist it wasn't the ball joints....

Eventually took the advice (after stating nobody helped you when they did and you're not gonna ask for help again)

Bought parts from America after being advise by members/owners with +6 year experience on these matters who advised to get the oem parts.

Make sense to me :wacko:

Thanx watshot. I still dont understand why people are being off with me. Im just wary of spending more money. As i have said ive already wasted a lot. I dont doubt all of you have years of experience. And if it fixes my problem then as ive said before i really appreciate it.

So fingers crossed. And ill let you guys all knoe if it helps. And if it doesnt you can all laugh at me again then.

Cheers guys

:bang:

Look mate, the problem people have is to do with the attitude you had at the start and then you came on today saying you'll know better than to ask for help, or something along those lines.

You obviously don't know who zmanalex is on here and how spot on his advice and parts are. He knows more about these cars than almost anybody else I can think off.

Remeber that the parts you ordered will be subject to vat duty and carriage charges so it will come to more than 240 quid and you will have to wait until they clear customs.

Yes I didn't read your post fully as to be honest I wasn't that bothered about it but thought I'd pass comment anyways.

Did you check if the control arms from a LHD car will fit a RHD car also?

Are the parts brand new?

I learned the hard way and bought stuff from the states as I thought I was saving money... In the end I didn't, to cut a long story short.

It was the attitude you came across with at the start that it peoples backs up. We're a pretty forgiving bunch though.

Sometimes written text doesnt come through as how it was intended. I didnt have an attitude about it. I felt people were attacking me. Some of the stuff i was writing was tongue in cheek and a bit of a laugh. So hopefully you guys dont think im an ar$3hole or something like that!! Haha. Ill no doubt need your help in the future.

Ive came from a z32 300zx tt then to a s14a 200sx and back to another 300zx. Now ive moved onto the 350z. I was looking for one for a while, when i saw this one i knew i had to get it. Its a yellow gt4. Not sure you got that from my id? Hahaha

Anyway i probably should have introduced myself a bit before asking for help too! :blush: ::

So my name is Steven and im from Wishaw. :wave:

Cheers guys

Ah that explains it he is fae wishy :lol:;)

Right ladies lets call this a frickin day its old and boring. Steven let us know how it goes with the US parts... yes we will laugh a little if it doesnt work but on the same token we will put our hands up if it fixes itself and everything goes fine :thumbs:

Neil go and fight another battle :lol::lol: and for godsake put down the bottle of Jack ;)

Sometimes written text doesnt come through as how it was intended. I didnt have an attitude about it. I felt people were attacking me. Some of the stuff i was writing was tongue in cheek and a bit of a laugh. So hopefully you guys dont think im an ar$3hole or something like that!! Haha. Ill no doubt need your help in the future.

Ive came from a z32 300zx tt then to a s14a 200sx and back to another 300zx. Now ive moved onto the 350z. I was looking for one for a while, when i saw this one i knew i had to get it. Its a yellow gt4. Not sure you got that from my id? Hahaha

Anyway i probably should have introduced myself a bit before asking for help too! :blush: ::

So my name is Steven and im from Wishaw. :wave:

Cheers guys

lmao, im only down the road dude, we had a meet the other day you could have came to and put faces to names. Might be out later if your up for a quick meet.

:thumbs:

Haha na i was born and bred in motherwell. My house is in wishaw but i live in denny!! Haha if u can work all that out theres a blue peter badge in it for u!

No my car wasnt in "the garage".

Shes still standard but while i bought my arms i thought, when in rome and stuck a jwt pop charger in for good measure! The old credit card is taking a pounding this month!! Haha.

Any mods or anything on you guys' cars?

Just a wee update as promised. Arms arrived on wednesday and duly fitted. I was really impressed with the service and quality. As i said it was GENUINE Nissan arms. They have also been adapted as there was a flaw with the original arms. Which Nissan have rectified. Apparently they are known for knocking B) ! Haha. Like i said all fitted, now big drumroll here............... Sorted!! No more annoying rattle!! Hallelujah! :yahoo:

So thank you everyone who offered their advice. I will have no problem heeding such advice in the future.

By the way the overall cost for the TWO arms and a jwt pop charger was £350. Including shipping, there was a £20 import tax right enough. But i am happy with the savings!

And the induction kit sounds great too!!

P.S. Anyone want to buy the superpro poly compression arm bushes?