HELP NEEDED!! - ABS Fault

Nolly227

The past several weeks, I have had the Handbrake Light, ABS light, ESP and Loss of traction warning light camet up on my dash when on the Motorway, when going over 65MPH

Took it to the Stealers and it churned up the code C0115? Anyone know of it?

Typical Nissan where as helpful ever with them saying that code just reads a Malfunction with the ABS/TCS and would require a electrical strip down to determine the what the problem is.

As I haven't got ££££ to spend on them ripping all the electronics on my car.

My question is I know this has affected a few people with some giving suggestions to what it could be, but has ANYONE actually found out what the problem was? Getting to the end of my tether with this issue. :help:

Things I know / done so far:

1) I have topped the brake fluid to maximum

2) The wheels and tyres are standard Rays and standard tyres I believe

3) Only occurs when on the Motorway and comes on when going on or over 70 Mph

4) Switching the car on / off removes the fault but obviously comes back on when going over 70 Mph

5) First time it did, I switched the car on / off and it went for the next week. After that it came back and now the fault happens more regularly.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Zugara,

No havern't check those but will do so this weekend :) I wasn't sure whether it would be those though as this seems to occur at the exact same moment every time!

ZMANALEX,

That is P0115 but I am told that the letter 'C' relates to the ABS/TCS unit. Therefore C0115 was an ABS Malfunction warning apararently. Getting the car back this evening so i'll have more details to post later hopefully.

I had a similar problem when i first picked up my car. but mine was caused by the tyres they had put on the car for it's MOT.

But if you have stock tyres all round then it wont be this.

Still i feel for you because it is F$%^ing scary!!!!!

Just double check so we are all 100% sure that you have the correct size tyres fitted as in width and sidewall ratio?

As requested the tyres on the car are the following:

The fronts: Both 225/45 R18 91W

The Rears: Both 245/45 R18 96W

Now I was under the impression they were the standard tyres but please correct if i'm wrong anyone!

Update: Just realised this started to happen AFTER I did a track day at Silverstone. Don't know whether this could of done something to the profile of the tyres??

This is so frustrating :bangin:

To get to the bottom of faults like this you'll probably need to log all the sensors and see which ones are giving crazy readings. We recently repaired a car that had an ABS fault but no fault codes - turned out to be a damaged trigger wheel on the front hub making the ECU think the wheel was locking up intermittently.

I had the exact same thing for about a month around 18 months ago, mine turned out to be a small switch in the rear lights so the ECU thought the brakes were not working correctly as it was gettng a signal that brakes were engaged but that the brake lights were not working.

Abbey diagnosed it and it cost me £15 for a new switch :thumbs:

Ok guys just an update.

Past two days it started to behave itself and not flag up once! However, driving home from work today the dreaded lights came up once again, so I thought I would switch the ignition off and turn it back on while driving. JESUS that was a bad idea! The ABS weren't completely loopy and started activating on the Motorway! I had to wack the hazards on and try and pull over without doing a 180!

It felt it was driggering the font left wheel. I have a two ideas what it could be;

1) The trigger wheel on the hub is buggered causing loopy signals.

I had the exact same thing for about a month around 18 months ago, mine turned out to be a small switch in the rear lights so the ECU thought the brakes were not working correctly as it was gettng a signal that brakes were engaged but that the brake lights were not working.

Abbey diagnosed it and it cost me £15 for a new switch :thumbs:

2) As SpursMadDave mentioned, i'm thinking it could be this too, if the ABS is thinking the car is constantly braking. Although the brake lights only come when i'm actually braking??

Guys i'm stumped :(

3) The ABS/TCS or some of the wiring is trully buggered and like the Stealers said to me i'm looking a couple of grand to fix.

Problem is still occuring gents.

I have d/c and re-connected the two brake micro switches but this didn't seem to have any affect. The condition of them seem fine. I'm seeing my folks this weekend and they have a driveway so hoping to jack her up and have a look at the wheel hubs and abs sensors.

It's so annoying. Especially when i'm driving and the problem doesn't occur for a day or two, leading you into a faulse sense of security :headhurt:

Anyone else found the ultimate cure yet?

Will keep everyone posted with how much / little I find on the weekend.