I need some URGENT advice for my 350z !!!!

Zedrush

Hi,

Need some advice, my 350z front hedlight passenger side has collected a lot of condensation and as a result my xenon lightbulb on the passenger side is not working. Not impressed :dry:

So i thought since it is just a headlight unit and lightbulb ill see how much a new one costs, called up Nissan and they quoted £750 for the one headunit and a xenon bulb £250 :scare: surely they are taking the

P!SS!!!! :angry:

As the car is still under warrenty I am taking it to a local dealer, but the only problem is, is that my car has a full body kit and the headlamp sticks out just a little, so if they see this they might say that the headlight unit has condensation cos of the bodykit (its a long shot but they could say it)

Hopefully they will cover it by warrenty but if they dont then Im screwed, cos I aint paying over a grand just for a new plastic head unit.

:thumbdown:

Any ideas what I can do? Does anyone know where I can get cheaper or can I get my existing one refurbed or sealed back and condensation taken out. I know I can get a new Xenon bult for 60 quid, but the unit I aint got a clue :wacko:

Any advice be great ;)

Yes I would also recommend trying the dealer first. If you don't have any luck with them, it may be worth going to an auto electrician just to check that it is the light unit that's faulty as it may be a poor earth caused by the condensation.

Cheers mate, Im not too bothered by the light its just the unit itself, wanna know if I can get my resealed of fixed or will I need a new unit :(

there are some on ebay as we speak................ cheap as chips......... :thumbs:

Yeh I check them out they are from the states but dont think they will fit my car and dont think they will suit it as they have black surrounds and wont house xenon bulbs. Thanks for the search though ;)

I've read before for other cars that Xenon bulbs are expensive but are we really saying that just the headlights with bulbs on the car alone are 2 grand!!! That just sounds a right rip off :scare:

Thats pretty much how much it will cost if I have to get new ones. I took my car down there on monday, I find out tomo If they will cover it, wish me luck all. ;)

I've read before for other cars that Xenon bulbs are expensive but are we really saying that just the headlights with bulbs on the car alone are 2 grand!!! That just sounds a right rip off :scare:

Thats pretty much how much it will cost if I have to get new ones. I took my car down there on monday, I find out tomo If they will cover it, wish me luck all. ;)

Think Revsport had a similar problem not so long ago, may be worth PMing him :thumbs:

Great News took my car down to local Nissan Dealer Last week, as I have excessive condensation in my headlamp which has forced my Xenon bulb to not work and is dripping condensation on the inside.

The Nissan Dealer took pictures of it and sent it to the Nissan Headquarters, They were sceptical as my car has a full Veilside bodykit on it which could invalidate such a warrenty. just got a call today, its all been passed and they are giving me a new headlamp and Xenon bulb all under warrenty.

Saves me just under a £1145 pounds of repair.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Well happy, now can spend that money on something else for the car. Any ideas?

Well done Zedrush for getting it fixed for free, restores a bit of faith in NMGB.

As Lew says the only mod that will make big difference is a TT/SC.

Only thing better than that is driver training and you can get a lot of that for a grand.

Trust me it will make a massive difference.

But if I were you, I would do a Andy Walsh day for couple of hundred and then take that knowledge off on a couple of days out at the Ring instead.

Not worth buying the video.

Its too short, could loan you it as long as you do not tell Andy.

He will not mind if he gets a booking out of it.

The next cheap LoT day with him is the 22/3, but not booked on that.

PM me your address and I will send video, but its better seeing him in the flesh.

Send / Call him to see if you could pop along to see what his training day involves.

You are London boy, he is at North Weald so should not be too far.