2007 313HR spark plugs?

p40ulw

so my ZED is in for a major service on saturday as the guy before me left it for 18 months and 12k miles so its up to me to overhaul it.

Im buying my oils from opie oils, filters from ebay as part of a K&N air and oil filter pack,

BUT i cant work out what plugs i need? i would like some iridium's but ive had 2 different conclusions to wether or not -07 engines (DE) are different to 07+ engines (HR)

could someone please give me the CORRECT conclusion or recommendations on this please?

HR engines have iridium plugs fitted as standard mate :thumbs: The plugs are also slightly smaller than the DE ones.

I wrote guide for the change a while back (in the guides section).

awesome news thank you very much mate!

What mileage is your car on? From memory the 313 only needs new plugs every 54k miles.

Or every five years.

Early HR's will be due this summer. All servicing is mileage or time dependant. Items degrade with time as well as use.

Also good practise to lubricate the threads (i.e. Copperslip) on modern long life plugs. In the past when they were junked every six/twelve months, and only cost a fiver, this wasn't a problem, but when they could spend five years and thousand's of miles between changes, there have been instances of seizure.

What mileage is your car on? From memory the 313 only needs new plugs every 54k miles.

Or every five years.

Early HR's will be due this summer. All servicing is mileage or time dependant. Items degrade with time as well as use.

Also good practise to lubricate the threads (i.e. Copperslip) on modern long life plugs. In the past when they were junked every six/twelve months, and only cost a fiver, this wasn't a problem, but when they could spend five years and thousand's of miles between changes, there have been instances of seizure.

:thumbs:

I've got 20,000 miles on the car, but the guy before me hasnt had it serviced in nearly 18 months and 12,000 miles!!!! :rant::rant:

so i'm planning an overhaul, change and renew everything while the garage have got the car

Or every five years.

Thanks for that! :)