Cant believe it!!

HassanZ

At work I park my front bumper close to the work brick wall, normally I get it just right (about a few inches away from the wall).

This morning I was in my own world and I edged close to the wall. I completely misjudged the distance and edged even closer (this time I used slightly excessive gas by mistake) and CRUNCH!!! I just went into a 30 foot high brick wall!! :scare:

The car bounced back and didn't sound good at all...I just sat there and couldn't believe what I had just done!

I haven't checked if any damage has been caused (too scared to check!). I have gathered the number plate and the black surround/holder is what hit the wall and not the actual bumper.

I hope I haven't damaged her....

So what you're saying is that you drove into a 30ft high brick wall that was right in front of you?

And you still haven't checked for any damage, but instead ran in and posted on the interweb about it?

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry man, I don't mean to be cruel, but you are without doubt one of my favourite posters ever on here! :lol::lol::lol: I just love how your brain works at times.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for making me laugh!!!

I had a brief look when it happened, I shall thoroughly check when I get home - Just too scared to check right now!!!

Would the number plate and surround be enough to protect the bumper from misaligning/deforming?

Just can't believe it!!!

Would the number plate and surround be enough to protect the bumper from misaligning/deforming?

Honestly? Probably not if you've given it a solid thump. A minor graze yes, but not with any weight behind it. My brother had a very light tap in his and it slaughtered the front end, he had to get a new bumper in the end.

All the important parts stay fine, but everything else is designed to crush very easily to absorb the impact.

Bumped a pillar of our own garage in our zed, the plate and the black surround took the bump and there was no damage done other than a slight scuff on the white plastic of the number plate. As long as you dont give it a propper smack, the plate holder and bumper are fairly flexible. Ill bet there is no damage. :)

Bumped a pillar of our own garage in our zed, the plate and the black surround took the bump and there was no damage done other than a slight scuff on the white plastic of the number plate. As long as you dont give it a propper smack, the plate holder and bumper are fairly flexible. Ill bet there is no damage. :)

I managed to just touch a wall before on the old 350z and it did the same, so Hassan may be lucky :thumbs: