Car back from paint shop

squit

am i the only person who thinks the plate on the grille makes the front of the zed look a bit bizarre?

I think the zunsport grille is horrible :yuck:

I am going to sound biased, but I agree, they do look 'tacked on' - prefer the one I have which you need to attach to the inside of the bumper - just looks a lot cleaner...

What about the legality of using vintage style plates? With them being black with white lettering, they would blend in very well with my Kuro Zed :teeth:

Definitely illegal unless the car pre-dates the change over to the white & yellow plates (1970... something I think, but I can't remember specifically which something at the moment. :headhurt: ).

am i the only person who thinks the plate on the grille makes the front of the zed look a bit bizarre?

I think the zunsport grille is horrible :yuck:

I am going to sound biased, but I agree, they do look 'tacked on' - prefer the one I have which you need to attach to the inside of the bumper - just looks a lot cleaner...

I'm not a fan of the zunsport either to be honest. Something doesn't look just right.

Each to their own though. If the owner likes it then that all that matters

I think the black zunsport on a grey car doesn't look right. Glrnet has a silver one on his Azure and I have a black one on my Azure both look good in my opinion but somehow black on grey doesn't sit right, maybe the silver would look better of if the lip below the grille was black too....

What about the legality of using vintage style plates? With them being black with white lettering, they would blend in very well with my Kuro Zed :teeth:

Definitely illegal unless the car pre-dates the change over to the white & yellow plates (1970... something I think, but I can't remember specifically which something at the moment. :headhurt: ).

Yup, you're right, did a bit of googling and the switchover was 1/1/73. :(

However, I can not find any reference from the DVA/DVLA/ETC about the plate having to be a solid plastic plate. Just mentions spacing, sizing etc and reflectiveness.