Tyre quotes !!!!

Builder49

Just taken the Z down for a quote on a full set of 4. Went with the information gleaned from you guys on my other posts 'FINALLY' and 'TYRES', but asked the 2 places I visited for their recommendations and quotations.

Will list them below, but I'd be interested to know if any of you have tried these or know if I'm being stitched up?

Went with quotes from an Independant company and STS.

Started with the Falkens that seem to get a lot of recommendations from you guys. Both companies said they wouldn't recommend as only mid range tyres and not ideal for a Z ! My feeling on this is that they would obviously prefer to sell a performance tyre? STS said they would quote me if I insisted, but wouldn't be their first choice (surprise surprise)

Independant only came up with one tyre choice. Dunlop SP01 100W XL J. Full set including fitting @ £737.38

STS came up with the same Dunlops for £732.24

STS. Continental SP-CNTC3 XL 100Y (their 1st choice recommendation) £797.52

STS. Bridgestone RE050ADZ £873.84

STS. Pirelli PO Rosso AO 100Y £876.24

Be really interested on your views. The rears on mine are on the bars and the fronts are just bargain jobbies. As I only got the car Monday from an independant dealer is it worth an argument with them? Got the car at a decent price I think so probably not worth the hassle?

Also is it worth trying to sell the budgets on ebay? STS want to charge to dispose anyway!!!

Appreciate your advice.

Paul.

id say they were trying to get you to buy better rubber - yes, the falkens are midrange tyres, but in all honesty, the zed isnt that fast... maybe stick with the premium stuff on your m3s, RS4s and porsches and like, but 280 is less than some hatchbacks these days.

a set of four falkens would be about £500 fitted, and the difference between mismatched, on the limit, budget jobbies will be light years apart :thumbs:

i'd give it a go selling the budget tyres on ebay - although id make it very clear that these are sold as seen, buyer to inspect fully before buying, no refunds, if in any doubt dont buy.

I sold a pair a while back in good faith, but after the seller got them home his local tyre place said they wouldnt fit them, and so demanded a part refund - i gave it to him, but next time i'd have made it clear its a case of caveat emptor.

I agree that someone like Camskill could supply a set of bridgestone re050a for around £750. Most fitters charge around £10-£15 a corner for fitting, balancing etc but it's worth checking because some people have been quoted silly prices to do it.

I would definitely try and sell the old ones on ebay with a low start, plenty of info and collection only.

Just got a set of vredstein ultrac sessanta's for just over 600 great tyres!! also got a set of falken 452, vreds from camskill 452 from a place in yokshire which is too far from you :lol: but i'm sure you can find a place near you for the 452's :thumbs:

STS really tried pushing the Continentals. Anyone got any experiences on those?

I'll probably end up going with the Falkens, but if the conti's are a good bet and better on mileage then in the long run they might be worth the extra? This is afterall a long term car purchase!

Just got a set of vredstein ultrac sessanta's for just over 600 great tyres!! also got a set of falken 452, vreds from camskill 452 from a place in yokshire which is too far from you :lol: but i'm sure you can find a place near you for the 452's :thumbs:

What is the place in Yorkshire called?

What is the place in Yorkshire called?

Hi mate I got them from click on tyres in shipley tel no 01274 288000 the guys name is damien, top bloke, also got laser tracking at a good price. Paid £520!! all in :thumbs: