D1 Spec throttle controller problems

SparksCW

Recently got a d1 spec throttle controller in a group buy but I'm having some issues making it work.

There's only three things to plug in so not sure how I'm going wrong, but when all connected up the D1 spec controller does not receive power until the engine has been started. it also cuts out the throttle completely meaning I can't set it up or do anything. The plugs are connected the correct way around etc, no bent pins or anything.

Once I remove the D1 spec the car works perfectly as normal again (although I do now have a warning light on the dash all of a sudden which I need to find out what it is)

Any ideas?

I had the exact same problem mate, and im 100% sure I didnt have this illusive plug that is poorly designed the wrong way round.

You cant actually plug it in the wrong way round imo, it just doestnt seem to plug in far enough (perhaps the design of the connector has changed as it will not locate trying the other way around)

I too would love to find out how you get this to work, like you say there is three things to connect how can one possibly get it wrong?

edit: is the one you can possibly plug in the wrong way round the one that actually plugs into the car, or the extra loom part that daisy chains into the throttle controller?

The only one i can see that may be possible to plug in the wrong way round is the one that plugs into the existing throttle sensor in the car, but i plugged mine in the same way that i took the other one out as it clicks when its situated, i imagine you wouldnt get a click if you had it in the other way round.

the one on the right in this pic?

The one on the left is the plug I had my suspicions with initially as it doesn't seem to push in far enough

photo.jpg

ok so the one on the left is the offending connector? It doesnt seem to locate at all if you try it the other way round, im going to have to go out to the car and fiddle lol

I feel so bloody stupid that a couple of plugs has me stumped :blush:

Hmmmm it did feel that the plug wouldn't go on properly when I was doing it but I was sure it was the right way around and couldn't seem to get it to go on the other way. I will try again in a bit, or tomorrow and see if I have some more luck with it.

Is the controller only turning on when engine on a normal thing though? as I assume the pedal plugs won't affect when it receives power?

I used that guide initially lmao, I will leave it for today as I dont fancy buggering around in the drive while its raining. But When I get round to it many pictures will be taken and a guide done once I have figured it out lol.

• 2 months later...

I still havnt got mine to work either. Not that I have tried again since though.

I dont know if its something to do with me having a JDM as my immobiliser is a separate fob that I have to touch on the dash before starting the car. I can disable the immobiliser and then have power to the car but only when I turn the ignition to on and start the engine do I get power to my throttle controller.

I cant believe I have had this problem and so many other owners have not :rant:

Anyway if someone fixes this I would be very happy to give it another go when I have the time lol

I still havnt got mine to work either. Not that I have tried again since though.

I dont know if its something to do with me having a JDM as my immobiliser is a separate fob that I have to touch on the dash before starting the car. I can disable the immobiliser and then have power to the car but only when I turn the ignition to on and start the engine do I get power to my throttle controller.

I cant believe I have had this problem and so many other owners have not :rant:

Anyway if someone fixes this I would be very happy to give it another go when I have the time lol

Hi, guys. I bought my controller on the group buy from Jez , with no problems . custom fitted in my ash tray [so it's tucked away] complete job 45mins,

just a suggestion -when all connected up- have you turn the key to the position [dash lights on], that the next movement would be to turn over the engine, this will power up contoller so you can set up, once this is done turn the key to start up.

I had to look twice as it looked like you had to have the key on accessary position, but this won't power up controller.

hope this helps.

I will have another look sometime this week as its been sitting in a drawer waiting to be fitted for ages now.

Might post some pics up if I encounter any other problems, but I am convinced it is something to do with having a separate fob for the immobiliser and it only seems to give me full power to the accessories when the engine is started, not on the ignition on position...

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring up a really old thread. But I've recently received d1 throttle controller as a xmas present and for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

I've connected everything, followed the guide on here and tried connecting the connectors other way around but it seems like the unit isn't getting an power at all. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ryan

Edited by Pinoy-R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan,

I had exactly the same problem with my controller when I got it, even sent it back to Redline for testing and it was fine, they sent it back, I refitted everything this time making sure all the connector blocks were pushed in and were securely in the sockets. Powered up and all was fine.

I did find that if I didnt have it all the way home on the OBDII connector, then this is where it never powered on as it uses one of the pins to power the unit.

The other option (I am doing this shortly) is to forget using the OBDII port and wire the unit directly to power and earth, that way the port is free for other users, and wiring direct will ensure you have a good power connection.

HTH

Graeme