De-badged + Nismo style rear spoiler

Guyus

Do you honestly think a standard zed is better looking??

I think a standard Zed with Rays is better looking yes :ban:

I am sure if I had spent £6k on wheels and bodykit I would think differently although I think those days are long gone seeing as a lot of Zeds are around that price now anyway :shrug:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil, the car looks great. It's all down to personal taste and I'm just an old fart who simply doesn't like mods.

I do think they're a bit superfluous on a car which has very limited "tuneability" though. A spoiler or other bits of "aerodynamic" plastic might help on (say) a scooby modded with an extra 200bhp (which would alter the dynamics of a car, compared to the factory version). But it just seems a bit silly to me to put a spoiler on a car which has an extra 10bhp over a standard one. If it made that big a difference, Nissan would've bolted one on there for us...

Exactly, Nissan clearly did the best job possible when making the car in the first place, they just wouldn't do silly things like fitting single-cone synchros to a 300hp engine, or making the interior out of old dustbins. Their work clearly can't be improved on :dry:

DB

+1

Haha yeah it is perfect when it rolls off the production line! Hmmmmm. I thought it was more likely that they had a target price for the car, they then designed it within that budget with compromises made where budget wouldn't allow...such as the interior, or even the exterior...still it has a carbon prop shaft, clearly deemed key to the design!

Neil, the car looks great. It's all down to personal taste and I'm just an old fart who simply doesn't like mods.

I do think they're a bit superfluous on a car which has very limited "tuneability" though. A spoiler or other bits of "aerodynamic" plastic might help on (say) a scooby modded with an extra 200bhp (which would alter the dynamics of a car, compared to the factory version). But it just seems a bit silly to me to put a spoiler on a car which has an extra 10bhp over a standard one. If it made that big a difference, Nissan would've bolted one on there for us...

They did, nismo, as in Nissan Motorsport.

You've went from talking about front lips and side skirts to spoilers now.

You bought an oem wing for your car as it came without if I remember correctly. Why did you do this? Because it looks better?

Of course it's all down to taste but at one point the nismo kit was one of the most desired and expensive kits for zed. It still is expensive but there is many many replicas on the market now which is why we see more cars looking like this.

If you had followed my build thread you would have seen what's happenig with my car and infact the wing is coming off the car for something my larger and less discreet but with much more purpose.

The full body(doors and wings, boot etc) on my car is getting changed to carbon fibre over the next year to drop weight for track fun as the zed is fat and needs a diet.

You need not make assumptions of people's IQ because of kits etc as it will reflect very badly on yourself, and, as you said you were older I thought you may have been much wiser than to make such silly remarks.

I'm out....

Looks great!! Just had my Nismo style spoiler fitted as well. I love the black badge on the back of yours, they don't look right on other colours, but perfect on the black zed :thumbs::thumbs:

Did you realise you were crouching next to Wall-E when taking pictures of your bumper? :lol:

IMG_0138.jpg

Wall-e-wallpaper20_fs.jpg

Thanks :D that black badge worked out really well :yahoo: dont know where Wall-E poped up from tho :lol:

You need not make assumptions of people's IQ because of kits etc as it will reflect very badly on yourself

I'm out....

I'm not expert but i'm pretty certain his IQ based comment wasn't a scientific fact.....it was just a joke.

Do you honestly think a standard zed is better looking??

I think a standard Zed with Rays is better looking yes :ban:

I am sure if I had spent £6k on wheels and bodykit I would think differently although I think those days are long gone seeing as a lot of Zeds are around that price now anyway :shrug:

Agreed.

I do love a standard Zed on Rays, for me whist the quality of the workmanship can't be questions my personal opinion is that the car looks unbalenced, the front now looks a little to plain without the badge and there is too much going on at the back end with the addition of the spoiler, also agree re the chap who said that side skirts make the car's mid section look chubby like a 370z.

You need not make assumptions of people's IQ because of kits etc as it will reflect very badly on yourself

I'm out....

I'm not expert but i'm pretty certain his IQ based comment wasn't a scientific fact.....it was just a joke.

Yeah mate jump in at the end after its passed..... :dry: Jokes still offend people.

I know you're not an expert, especially in grammar...

I thought you was out...

Your grammar is terrible. It is " I thought you were out?" :wacko:

I am out but I am afraid I will not sit back and tolerate insolent idiosyncrasies of any form. You have done this on a previous thread with me. Whats your deal????

You seemed overly sensitive re the IQ comment, if I'm reading it right it was intended as just a silly throw away malice free comment yet you took it upon yourself to make an issue out of something that, in the grand scheme of things seemed issueless.

You also seemed to make an uneccessary...and deeply hurtful...issue of my realatively minor grammatical over sight.

And then you turned into the forum police, firstly I'd like to commend you on the use of the phrase 'insolent idiosyncrasies' and secondly, there are forum mods that are better positioned than your good self to cast judgement over such things.

PS - The grammer thing wasn't in anyway hurtful...

You seemed overly sensitive re the IQ comment, if I'm reading it right it was intended as just a silly throw away malice free comment yet you took it upon yourself to make an issue out of something that, in the grand scheme of things seemed issueless.No. I took offense to what was said because I have a relatively high IQ but also have sideskirts etc. Did I take it upon myself to cast my view on what he had said? Yes

You also seemed to make an uneccessary...and deeply hurtful...issue of my realatively minor grammatical over sight.

I was taking the **** but you dug deeper which then I will respond to, obviously.

And then you turned into the forum police, firstly I'd like to commend you on the use of the phrase 'insolent idiosyncrasies' and secondly, there are forum mods that are better positioned than your good self to cast judgement over such things.

Care to elaborate on what way they are better positioned to cast judgment over something which I passed judgement on??

PS - The grammer thing wasn't in anyway hurtful...