De-badged + Nismo style rear spoiler

Guyus

Bought a Nismo style spoiler off Zmanalex a few weeks back, and while my Zed was away at the bodyshop thought id also have it de-badged and a Zunsport grill fitted. Had this done at The Bodyshop in Skegness and was very pleased with the job they did :teeth:

They also tooks some pics of the work in progress which they emailed to me :D

EX07BYH007.jpg

EX07BYH006.jpg

EX07BYH010.jpg

EX07BYH024.jpg

EX07BYH026.jpg

EX07BYH020.jpg

EX07BYH025.jpg

They skuffed the paint getting the old spoiler off, but made it good at no extra cost.

EX07BYH015.jpg

EX07BYH017.jpg

EX07BYH019.jpg

EX07BYH023.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139-1.jpg

IMG_0141-1.jpg

Fitted some spacers, 20/25 (thx cs), so next is to try my hand at plastidiping the wheels black ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered about the overheating issue - had it like this for about a month now and no overheating problems to report of. I checked with ATTAK as well who had a similar setup and he reported no overheating problems either.

I wondered about the overheating issue - had it like this for about a month now and no overheating problems to report of. I checked with ATTAK as well who had a similar setup and he reported no overheating problems either.

Its not that it will overheat, it's the problem that the temps will run higher. I'm having heat issues even without turbo's on track. Engine runs immensely hot when getting ragged. This hole on the front bumper also supply's you air for the intake also. I imagine blocking it off will have effects by whether or not these will be noticeable to the normal user I'm unsure? :shrug:

The poster that said it reduces your IQ I think we have established who has the lower IQ already fortunately :lol:

Very nicely done if you like that sort of thing :thumbs:

Just one question, what happened to the door handles? Someone holding a black one and then they are silver in the pics :shrug:

Dave, they’re bumper reflectors… :thumbs:

Oops should have gone to specsavers :blush:

Not very 'reflective' now are they :shrug:

Door handles need doing then :surrender:

The plate will be blocking needed airflow with this position. These engines are notorious for producing too much heat. I'd be careful as to how hot the engines running.

Yes i have found my eyes keep being drawn to the temp gauge, but ive not seen anything above normal and the drive to and from work "felt" the same.

Very nicely done if you like that sort of thing :thumbs:

Just one question, what happened to the door handles? Someone holding a black one and then they are silver in the pics :shrug:

Dave, they’re bumper reflectors… :thumbs:

Oops should have gone to specsavers :blush:

Not very 'reflective' now are they :shrug:

Door handles need doing then :surrender:

Your right Dave :thumbs: im gonna have a go at plastidiping the wheels at some point, and if i can do a good job like ninjaz has the door handles will be next ;)

Looks great!! Just had my Nismo style spoiler fitted as well. I love the black badge on the back of yours, they don't look right on other colours, but perfect on the black zed :thumbs::thumbs:

Did you realise you were crouching next to Wall-E when taking pictures of your bumper? :lol:

IMG_0138.jpg

Wall-e-wallpaper20_fs.jpg

And whatever you do, don't be tempted to put side skirts or a front lip on it. They automatically reduce your IQ by 30 points.

Really?

I don't think sideskirts look to shabby at all???

carrun002.jpg

Would look better without them neil. imvho. Make's the car's mid section look chubby like a 370z.

Alloys look sober enough though. More "weed dealer" than "cocaine dealer"!

And whatever you do, don't be tempted to put side skirts or a front lip on it. They automatically reduce your IQ by 30 points.

Really?

I don't think sideskirts look to shabby at all???

carrun002.jpg

Would look better without them neil. imvho. Make's the car's mid section look chubby like a 370z.

Alloys look sober enough though. More "weed dealer" than "cocaine dealer"!

I don't deal anything. The m5 on the drive screams coke dealer but a zed doesn't say anything I'm afraid, if anything, it says yep I'm a 20 odd year old who worked hard to by this car the way out came out the factory and keep it clean. That's all a zed says. A standard zed IMO is very normal merc clk-ish and lacks something.

Do you honestly think a standard zed is better looking??

That's about 6k of optional extra between the wheels and kit. That kit is designed by nismo and a factory option. You're the first person I've ever heard say that about a nismo kitted zed tbh.

Neil, the car looks great. It's all down to personal taste and I'm just an old fart who simply doesn't like mods.

I do think they're a bit superfluous on a car which has very limited "tuneability" though. A spoiler or other bits of "aerodynamic" plastic might help on (say) a scooby modded with an extra 200bhp (which would alter the dynamics of a car, compared to the factory version). But it just seems a bit silly to me to put a spoiler on a car which has an extra 10bhp over a standard one. If it made that big a difference, Nissan would've bolted one on there for us...

Well I spent money improving the engine, brakes etc - then I made the car more 'mine' by adding some changes to the cars exterior - I dont think anyone really thinks that it adds performance. Everyone has their own tastes, and 'generally' none of these are wrong, or lack IQ. In fact, to simply state that adding a lip or side skirts implies lack of intelligence (when lots of cars come with them out the factory like it) was a bit erm, lacking intelligence :doh:

Neil, the car looks great. It's all down to personal taste and I'm just an old fart who simply doesn't like mods.

I do think they're a bit superfluous on a car which has very limited "tuneability" though. A spoiler or other bits of "aerodynamic" plastic might help on (say) a scooby modded with an extra 200bhp (which would alter the dynamics of a car, compared to the factory version). But it just seems a bit silly to me to put a spoiler on a car which has an extra 10bhp over a standard one. If it made that big a difference, Nissan would've bolted one on there for us...

Exactly, Nissan clearly did the best job possible when making the car in the first place, they just wouldn't do silly things like fitting single-cone synchros to a 300hp engine, or making the interior out of old dustbins. Their work clearly can't be improved on :dry:

DB