Oils

silversurfer

Hi All

As mentioned in another forum last week I'd now like to change the Engine, Diff and Gearbox oils, as the previous numb-nut owner thought it clever to ruin a full dealer service history with a service from KwikFit labelled as just Full Service in the book :bangin: .

So I've got a 2004 350zGT with around 130k miles on the clock an dI really eant ot be confident with it mechanically before I start enjoying it :drive1 .

I know some of you have already recommended ZMANALEX for the fluids, but I've also read that Molyslip is a good addition to the gearbox oil and he may not supply that???

The gearchange is currently nice and tight, but I want to do whatever I need to in order to keep it like that.

So basically I'm asking:

Which oils should I use?

How much of them?

Where to get them from?

How much should they cost me?

Thanks in advance.

Hooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

3rd (thats right........3rd thread down in the Servicing section)

I don't think it is difficult if you know your way around the car and can get it up high enough to get underneath.

PM ZmanAlex, he sells molyslip and will be able to talk you through changing it yourself :thumbs:

Dude its really not that hard....I'm sorry for picking on you but for the love of blue christ how many threads have you seen with grumpy ***** like myself pissing and moaning at people for not using the search!

It literally takes this long.....(this is approximately a 20 second period).......see how long that was

Search found 46 matches

Search term used: +diff +gearbox

Hooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

3rd (thats right........3rd thread down in the Servicing section)

I don't think it is difficult if you know your way around the car and can get it up high enough to get underneath.

PM ZmanAlex, he sells molyslip and will be able to talk you through changing it yourself :thumbs:

Dude its really not that hard....I'm sorry for picking on you but for the love of blue christ how many threads have you seen with grumpy ***** like myself pissing and moaning at people for not using the search!

It literally takes this long.....(this is approximately a 20 second period).......see how long that was

Search found 46 matches

Search term used: +diff +gearbox

Cheers - Point taken ZMANALEX PM'd

Cheers - Point taken ZMANALEX PM'd

Dude at 10 posts in its not really you I'm shouting at........although you are indeed a very naughty boy

Life-of-Brian.jpg

And you lot can **** off.......do you know I've not actually worn that shirt since that day I was so scared. The most bloody annoying thing was that Shire was dressed EXACTLY the same!!!