Newbie hand polish question

thebesh

Hi Guys

Gave the zed a proper (well deserved) clean the other week and although I love seeing her clean there are a few swirls and marks that grate me and I'm sure that would come out with a polish.

I've got a lambswool glove, Meguiars Gold Class Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner + Microfibre towel to dry

I know I need claybar + polish + wax, but when I go into a shop the choice kinda intimadates me and I've no idea the difference between polishes and paint cleaner. I'm going to give it a go by hand and I want to know the polish I'm going to use will have an effect on some of the marks. I realise that nothing will beat a machine polisher, but I'm not that confident. Also is there an easy/preferred method of polishing by hand?

ALSO - I have 2 dogs and the zed is my only wheels (I think some of you would lynch me if you saw the state of it inside). What is a good general product(s) for cleaning the interior? (dashboard, doors + other plastics)

Best way is to look at a good detailing site, cleanyourcar.co.uk is a good one or meguiars.co.uk these will show you how and what to do.

Meguiars does freebie detailng instruction now and again at their home depot we did one last year very good stuff. Also let people know where your from on your site someone near might volunteer to help you out and give you a hand. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Guys

Gave the zed a proper (well deserved) clean the other week and although I love seeing her clean there are a few swirls and marks that grate me and I'm sure that would come out with a polish.

I've got a lambswool glove, Meguiars Gold Class Bodywork Shampoo & Conditioner + Microfibre towel to dry

I know I need claybar + polish + wax, but when I go into a shop the choice kinda intimadates me and I've no idea the difference between polishes and paint cleaner. I'm going to give it a go by hand and I want to know the polish I'm going to use will have an effect on some of the marks. I realise that nothing will beat a machine polisher, but I'm not that confident. Also is there an easy/preferred method of polishing by hand?

ALSO - I have 2 dogs and the zed is my only wheels (I think some of you would lynch me if you saw the state of it inside). What is a good general product(s) for cleaning the interior? (dashboard, doors + other plastics)

Swirl X is a good product for use by hand or machine. Hand is harder but it is surprisingly effective.

I would suggest doing the wash, clay stage 1st so as not to make anything worse.

Interior wise get an All Purpose Cleaner and some brushes, and be prepared to put in some time.