when to remap?

JoshThePonce

Save your cash for an aftermarket ecu. I just fitted a haltech platinum pro and and gained 40whp over uprev.

I agree the Standalone will normally give a more of a gain , but work out the £'s per bhp. I have fitted a few Hlatechs and even removed a few and mapped the cars with Uprev.

I feel the gain we come when we can go fully standalone with either LINK or Syvecs which will happen soon.

NeilP what other mods do oyu have that is working with the Haltech to give you a gain of 40BHP?

I presume you havent had the throttle map changed with Uprev before tunin with the Haltech?

Mark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan at ame mapped it. It already had uprev before, done at rs tuning.

It's a revup engine. Just the usual mods, nismo r-tune intake, plenum spacer, decats, buddy club exhaust.

Next thing is the 100 shot of nitrous getting mapped in.

It dyno'd 305.5fwhp @ rs tuning. This translated to 245hp @ hubs on ame's dyno.

It then went from 245hp to 265hp@ hubs with the haltech mapped. Then on a step dyno run it dyno'd 282 @ hubs. :thumbs:

Massive improvement over stock.

It then went from 245hp to 265hp@ hubs with the haltech mapped. Then on a step dyno run it dyno'd 282 @ hubs.

We always add 45bhp to a hub figure to get a estimated flywheel figure.

NeilP I am not going to query any figures but 265bhp @ the hubs is just a normal good tune on a Rev Up motor with all the normal added parts tuned with any kind of ECU.

Running a stepped dyno run always gives a bigger figure I have never run a car like that thou so I cant comment and what other cars will give in relation to a BHP figure.

I ask Dan to tell me what length run he does on a normal run and what he does on a step run and when I have a car on the dyno next I do the same and see what figures I get.

Post your dyno plot up please Neil.

I don't have them as its not finished yet. The nitrous is still waiting to get mapped in etc. will be collectin the car in the next couple of weeks. I imagine there's still some fine tuning to do.

Does rs tunings dyno read that much over then? I'm impressed with the increases as it was already very smooth and powerful before so any gain is a massive bonus. The haltech is only there to run the Nitrous @ 100hp as the oem engine management does not have the functionality to retard timing when the nos is running which then means your always running down on power even when not in use as timing has to be retarded constantly.

Mighty impressed with the service quality and skills of Dan @ Advanced Motorsport Engineering and the dyno cell is :cloud9:

Does rs tunings dyno read that much over then? I'm impressed with the increases as it was already very smooth and powerful before so any gain is a massive bonus. The haltech is only there to run the Nitrous @ 100hp as the oem engine management does not have the functionality to retard timing when the nos is running which then means your always running down on power even when not in use as timing has to be retarded constantly

Just use the multi map feature on the Uprev 1 map for NOS use and 1 map for NON NOS use.

anyway good luck with the car NeilP.

Dynapac'sk are pretty good arent they,had ours for 9 years now. Awesome piece of kit.

Had a EVO on the dyno yesterday.

rossevo61.jpg

By abbeymotorsport at 2012-03-14

Tuned by APT tuning http://www.rosssport.com/

Does rs tunings dyno read that much over then? I'm impressed with the increases as it was already very smooth and powerful before so any gain is a massive bonus. The haltech is only there to run the Nitrous @ 100hp as the oem engine management does not have the functionality to retard timing when the nos is running which then means your always running down on power even when not in use as timing has to be retarded constantly

Just use the multi map feature on the Uprev 1 map for NOS use and 1 map for NON NOS use.

anyway good luck with the car NeilP.

Dynapac'sk are pretty good arent they,had ours for 9 years now. Awesome piece of kit.

Had a EVO on the dyno yesterday.

rossevo61.jpg

Tuned by APT tuning http://www.rosssport.com/

Not a fan of evo's tbh a bit scummy but very nice figures. Every sphincter up here has one :lol:

Running Multi maps would be a pain as on track I will be running the nos and then I would run the whole session with retarded ignition. The way it's set up the haltech will switch the maps automatically when nitrous is firing.

This is just merely a gap filler until I go FI.

Roll on 2013 for the full engine build :dance:

Just been on the dyno with another 4 cylinder turbocharged car;

1 dyno plots below 1 normal dyno plot 1500 rpm to 6300rpm other is a static load plot , both show different figures

Normal plot shows 176bhp static load is 194bhp. so the car has gain 18bhp without any tuning work.

normal dyno pull below

jukehubtorquebhp1.jpg

Static dyno load below

jukestaticload5700rpm.jpg

same car same dyno same day.

:wacko: what the hell does that mean? LOL

We need two dynos now? one with a staggered pull and one without? LOL

typicall neil...

Neil:"I got xxx on my staggered pull"

Victim:"dont know what mine would do, need to book into a dyno stag run"

Victim down 40$ and now has 20hp more for the pub! Hahaha

^ what chris said. Why do the two runs show different powers. On the step by step run I still show 260 starting and 280 respectively so still 20hp at the hubs the same as the normal pull. So why do the hp's vary?

If I hadn't had the car uprev tuned previously and fitted the haltech I would have still seen around 33hp gain. I made 12 when I got remapped at rs which was expensive at around 400 quid and then anothe 20 @ the hubs.

Why did rs dyno show 305.5 at the flywheel yet only 245 @ hubs on ame's? In retrospect I have gained 20hp at the hubs on top of the 305.5 I ran at the fly.

When I get her back I will get her on the rollers and see what she pushes at the fly again so I get a better idea to what she is running.

because it makes no boost till 5500rpm.

Thought as much... A mate of mine has an Evo with a huge turbo... really laggy but immensely quick!

To reduce lag during the gearchanges on a single turbo, is the best setup to run cams and let the motor rev alot higher?

because it makes no boost till 5500rpm.

Thought as much... A mate of mine has an Evo with a huge turbo... really laggy but immensely quick!

To reduce lag during the gearchanges on a single turbo, is the best setup to run cams and let the motor rev alot higher?

I did a dyno day with the MLR a few years back and they were all amazed at the lovely flat torque curve of the Zed. I think it made a few of them rethink if a turbo 2l 4-pot was the best engine for day to day driving when they saw the lovely torque we get from nearly sod all revs :drive1 Especially when you draw the graphs on their scale, it made the torque curve nearly completely flat!