Buddyclub Exhausts. Mine broke :(

tez162003

Well 18 months, 500 miles and a £700 stainless and TIG welded exhaust. You think all would be well. Its not :( I had my MOT the other day and when I was poking around the car I noticed the bloody middle pipe bracket was cleanly snapped off, looking at the bracket of the car, there was lots of lovely looking welding but not much that was touching the exhaust pipe work by the looks of it.

Very tempted to write a letter and complain, but don't know who too? The people I bought it from or Buddyclub themselves. Then if Buddyclub, do I go to Buddyclub UK or Buddyclub in general?

My car may be very low but I have not once caught the exhaust so I don't feel this should have happened lol

IMG_2731.jpg

Now I have to find a company that can weld it back on, but the biggest hassle is finding somewhere I can actually get on their ramp. lol

It might have been fitted incorrectly, is the bracket anywhere near where it should be on the pipe? must have been under a lot of tension to break the weld?

If it's a manufacturing defect you should speak to the supplier first.

Looks like now the bracket has snapped off the exhaust is sitting higher than the bracket which will suggest there was tension on the bracket. At the end of the day a welds and weld and it should hold. Give them a call.

Looks like now the bracket has snapped off the exhaust is sitting higher than the bracket which will suggest there was tension on the bracket. At the end of the day a welds and weld and it should hold. Give them a call.

Exactly what I was thinking :wacko:

The bracket was rotated 180 degrees to show it was detached, it sits right next to the exhaust and rattles when turned around correctly.

When it was fitted there was zero tension. End of the day its a weld, a weld should be bloody strong, looking at the weld on the bracket, barely any engaged with the exhaust pipe.

If the exhaust isn't damaged why wouldn't you just get the bracket welded back on, can't see it would be very expensive :shrug:

Even if you contact Buddy Club and they agree to replace it then you have the hassle of taking that one off and getting another one on when that could surely be welded on the car...

Anyway hope you get it sorted, I always thought the welds you could see i.e. round the tips and backbox were incredibly sexy on my BC :thumbs:

I can get it welded back on, that's not the issue (except finding somewhere to do it with a flat access and flat ramp).

My problem is why should I have to pay out my own pocket to fix a problem like this that shouldn't have happened and looks to me like a manufacturing defect.

But the exhaust in general is awesome, lovely welds on the pipe work, its just the brackets and hangers that seem to be poorly chucked together.

Ah that makes more sense. I would contact Buddly Club UK with loads of pics of it and express that you'd want them to pay for it to be welded.

How low is your car? Most garages I know keep wood planks around to get low cars up onto the ramps.

Its not a big issue, the exhaust hasn't moved, its been broken for a while i think, as that was the random clanging noise i got for a while now. lol. So I can still drive it. I'll get it fixed at some point, just thought id show you lot really.

I've sent BC a quick email. Their warranty is 12 months after looking into it, so doubt they will say much, but its worth letting them know and seeing how good there customer service is.

Its not a big issue, the exhaust hasn't moved, its been broken for a while i think, as that was the random clanging noise i got for a while now. lol. So I can still drive it. I'll get it fixed at some point, just thought id show you lot really.

I've sent BC a quick email. Their warranty is 12 months after looking into it, so doubt they will say much, but its worth letting them know and seeing how good there customer service is.

As it's a cheap job I would mention this thread and they might see it as a good bit of publicity hopefully :thumbs: Can't see it being much more than a £50 or if you know someone a lot less like Chris & Mark have said...