Cold Weather + Berks HFC's = P1167?

notfub

I've not had my Berks HFC's fitted that long but have noticed over the last two days that I get a CEL (P1167) not long after I start driving. :headhurt:

Looking at the recent UpRev post (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58709&view=next) it appears that other Berks equipped ZED's exhibit the same behaviour. In short, have I got anything to worry about? I've not got the car re-mapped yet but I'm guessing this will happen regardless of an UpRev remap?

Dont worry i had my berks installed last autumn and i had no probs until december hit and i got the ecu light on when it was cold. Its the lamder sensor detecting a difference in air flow i think (no expert). Id reset it and if it was cold it would trigger again.

Its nothing to worry about but i wouldnt drive it around with the engine light on incase another problem occurs and you miss it.

Short term perform the reset and see if the light comes on again. More longer term its usually sorted out by the people who perform the uprev so it doesnt keep occurring.

Will

I had the same code before I got the upRev, ZmanAlex also sells some O2 sensor spacers if you don't intend getting a remap :thumbs:

Thanks for the info Dave, UpRev will happen soon ;)

Glad to hear it, you won't regret it. Just remember to remind them about the Berks and then they can sort out the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for 'old thread revival' but I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm that once you get the Berk's high flows fitted it'll be a case of when not if the em light comes on?

I'm not planning an up-rev any time soon so I guess getting some of these O2 sensors are the way forward if I get HFCs fitted? (My Buddy Club isn't quite loud enough :lol: )

Thanks,

S.

yes, it will more likely than not be "oh look the light's come on" as soon as they are fitted. If your not getting an up rev, then speak to Zmanalex for the sensors, better to be prepared :thumbs:

Buddy club + Berks = :bose: or deafness :lol:

yes, it will more likely than not be "oh look the light's come on" as soon as they are fitted. If your not getting an up rev, then speak to Zmanalex for the sensors, better to be prepared :thumbs:

Buddy club + Berks = :bose: or deafness :lol:

I'll post a video of my car when I get her back on thursday :thumbs: Buddyclub and decats = :scare::lol:

Thanks all, much appreciated :thumbs: how odd that it seems fickle whether the light comes on :wacko: has it been reported more (or less) in the pre and post 06 models?

Looking forward to seeing, well hearing :lol: , the vid Neil,

S.