AVB Sacked

Nope not a surprise, you can't take on a job like that and then win 13 out of 27 in the league games :surrender:

I find it quite ironic that Chel$ea fans at my work complain about Man $hitty having so much cash to throw around when 4/5 years ago it was them :lol:

Hopefully Ambramovich will now be bored with his plaything and move on, either that or he will have to cough up I reckon at least £200-300m if he want's to complete again...

They need a complete overhaul to compete at the level they did a few years ago.

The only person I can see coming is Hiddink or possibly Capello? I don't think it'll be a quick fix either and Abramovic will want fast results. Could be an interesting transfer window this summer.

They need a complete overhaul to compete at the level they did a few years ago.

The only person I can see coming is Hiddink or possibly Capello? I don't think it'll be a quick fix either and Abramovic will want fast results. Could be an interesting transfer window this summer.

Hiddink is manager of that anzi in russia, could be capello not a bad shout. Got to be jose again in the summer

Until the likes of Terry and Lampard are shifted out the team no manager, unless they pander to those players needs, will ever settle and build a team. Lampard was exactly the same at West Ham, spat the dummy constantly when he didn't get his own way.

Hiddink is manager of that anzi in russia, could be capello not a bad shout. Got to be jose again in the summer

Totally forgot about Hiddink getting that job. Can assume that he's contracted up to the eyeballs. I just can't see Jose going back. Part of the reason he left before, if we believe what we read, was that Abramovic interfered with selections and transfers etc. That surely won't have changed, especially as the team are doing so badly at the moment?

Hardly a surprise.....

No, not really, he inherited an ageing team, a striker signed for an astronomical fee who (a) doesn't fit in and (B) is sadly no longer the player he was and a number of players who have too much power in the dressing room. In a way I feel sorry for him as he seems like a really decent bloke. There are two rumours doing the rounds, one is that Jose is house hunting in London, second is that Rafa is under consideration. If anyone can get Torres back to anywhere near his best then Rafa is the man.

Pete

I think the Rafa + Torres thing is really wide of the mark. Torres played well in the Liverpool setup, the team setup around Torres and Gerrard playing a big role in creation of chances. At Chelsea he is just another striker, in fact behind Drogba in pecking order I would say. He was never prolific at Athletico either, scored about 80 goals in 6 seasons. It was more about the team setup than the manager at Liverpool. Will Rafa be able to set the team up in the same way at Chelsea with Terry/Lampard and co in the dressing room, I don't think so...