I sold my 370...

Storm White

Would it be fair to say that you have to drive a car like the Z quite a bit to really get to grips with it and appreciate it?

Bit hard for me to say as it's the only car I've owned and only the second I've ever driven (the other being the Fiesta I took my lessons in :headhurt: ). My other half has been driving for years and on quite long commutes in a variety of cars e.g. Corrado, Calibra, but she still found the Z quite a handful to begin with.

I don't drive to work but when I was new to driving I forced myself to get out and drive the Z as often as I could to get used to it. Now I love it :teeth:

I'm just getting used my 370 now and I've had high performance cars in the past. Probably a combination of being happier with a more hunkered down suspension, thanks to some Eibach Pro's and 25mm spacers. The handling now suits my style of driving.

Once you realize that it's a car that can only be driven to its limits on normal roads very rarely, and I don't mean it's max speed and, the seduction of it's power has to be tempered on occasion, it becomes a very usable every day sports coupe with the added bonus of being an excellent GT car.

370Z as a first car - pretty impressive - well done for surviving :p . I know I'm glad my first car didn't have the power (or value) of a Zed :blush: .

I try not to think about that Rog! :p

Be impressive if I’d not waited til I was 41 to get around to taking my test :headhurt: .

We owned our first 370 for about 6 months before I passed (I did one of those one week intensive courses). Every Sunday morning I used to drag my better half out and practice in a local car park. Must have looked a right sight chugging around in a big white Z at 10 mph :blush: !

I’ve got just about enough sense (I think…most of the time) to resist the urge to drive like an 18 year old in a middle aged man’s body. :drive1

I’ve got just about enough sense (I think…most of the time) to resist the urge to drive like an 18 year old in a middle aged man’s body. :drive1

+1 on that :blush:

Once you realize that it's a car that can only be driven to its limits on normal roads very rarely, and I don't mean it's max speed and, the seduction of it's power has to be tempered on occasion, it becomes a very usable every day sports roadster with the added bonus of being an excellent GT car.

Corrected to include me in your comment :teeth:

Be impressive if I’d not waited til I was 41 to get around to taking my test :headhurt:

Well, that makes more sense, could you imagine the insurance premium for a newly passed 18 year old male on a 370Z :scare:

+1 on that :blush:

-2 on that and before Beavis says otherwise, yeah I'm in an old man's body :blush::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Shame the Zed didn't work out for you, it did look stunning, but then again the 500 looks the bollocks too and certainly delivers a lot of bang for your buck.

As a matter of interest, how did the Zed sale go, did it go privately (where did you advertise/which advert attracted the sale), did you get a decent price (do you mind disclosing the figure). Just interested in people's experience in selling a car such as a Zed.

I sold it privately, and I lost about £2k on it - January is not the best time of year to sell a car! However I got an amazing deal on the 500, so it all worked out OK. The first person to see it bought it immediately.

I knew people would say I didn't do my research. You can be sure I did, but ultimately I decided I preferred nice holidays to a nice car. I just didn't love it enough.

Oh and the 500 is BRILLIANT, it's so chuckable and cheeeeeaaaap to run!

I sold it privately, and I lost about £2k on it - January is not the best time of year to sell a car! However I got an amazing deal on the 500, so it all worked out OK. The first person to see it bought it immediately.

I knew people would say I didn't do my research. You can be sure I did, but ultimately I decided I preferred nice holidays to a nice car. I just didn't love it enough.

Oh and the 500 is BRILLIANT, it's so chuckable and cheeeeeaaaap to run!

I learnt a long time ago not to worry about what other people think :lol: