Anyone been to Las Vegas?

shire350Z

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for all your info guys

All booked now, staying in the mandalay bay over new year for five nights then off to San fransisco for four nights picking up a mustang convertible and driving the Coastal route down to LA for four nights can't wait :teeth:

All booked now, staying in the mandalay bay over new year for five nights then off to San fransisco for four nights picking up a mustang convertible and driving the Coastal route down to LA for four nights can't wait :teeth:

B)

Did that drive down from SF to LA many years ago, some of the scenery is out of this world :thumbs: .

Pete

Well, I have to admit I missed the top 100 miles, went down The U.S 17 and joined the coastal road at Santa Cruz and then did the entire U.S 1 as far as Santa Monica. Stayed a couple of nights in Santa Barbara, so it took 3 or 4 days to do the entire drive. As Stew says it's awesome, not a drive you want to rush really.

Pete

As I remember it we drove from San Jose, which is 30 or so miles south of San Fransisco to Santa Barbara in a day. I'm pretty certain that we set off about 8 in the morning and arrived around 6 in the evening. We had planned to to drive to Los Angeles the next day but Santa Barbara is such a beautiful place we stayed there for 2 nights. The drive to Santa Monica took another 3 or 4 hours. Keep in mind that sections of the coastal road are very isolated with few services. At that time of year I'd expect the road to be pretty quiet, in fact its quiet most of the year as the more direct route from SF to LA can be driven in 8 or so hours.

Pete