UpRev...

jjt

This may be a soft question, so apologies in advance...

If a Zed has had a UpRev remap, but then has had the EML light removed either by a proper Bosch machine or the magic throttle pressing trick, will the car still retain the UpRev map after the light has been reset?

Cheers

Jonathan

When you say EML removed, I assume you mean reset? If they use OBD to reset it then it should not effect the UpRev map. The UpRev code is modfied OEM code that resides in the ECU firmware. When you remove the EML by resetting it should not effect this. However if Nissan has used software to "rewrite" the ECU then most likely it will have overwritten the UpRev code.

You can use UpRev to cancel the EML permenantly for emmission warnings (for decats for example).

OK so heres the story... :snack:

On the 200 mile drive home when I bought the Zed the EML came on. I reset it myself, then took it to a friends garage who used the Bosch diagnostics system to take it off again (as it returned). The reason it had come on was because some poor quality gaskets had been used where the decats were, so they had essentially burnt away, which upset the sensors.

Was just hoping that in my haste doing this i hadn't lost the UpRev settings- my mind has now been put to rest so thanks!

Just out of interest is it worth doing another pedal dance, as the services i had to stop at on the drive home didn't have 98 RON, so the last reset would have been done on 95... From now on only VPower is ever going in!

Cheers guys

Well, it does not say in the thread what the procedures are for or what they do.

So to put it another, more specific, way which hopefully lets you see where I am coming from - what do each of those procedures do and what are examples of circumstances when I would want to undertake them?

Thanks

Shinjuku

Example: my Berks HFCs sometimes put my CEL on when its cold because they don't work until right up to temp, so the car thinks the sensors in the exhaust are broken because they're showing it something it thinks is wrong. So I do the pedal dance (detailed elsewhere) to check that it is indeed due to the heated O2 sensors, and then if that's all it is, perform the reset to remove the light. :thumbs:

DB

since fitting HFCs (berks) and the sensor spacers i still get the eml light come on ref code p1167 02 sensor heated.if i am reading correctly is this just due to the cold weather then ?

luckily Keyser is aways around to reset it :lol: