Service interval

Dynamic Turtle

Just a quick one chaps. My 2005 350 has 49k on the clock and had a P1 at 44k. It's just had an MOT (clear), and some work done to it (new clutch, window motor, tires & pads), but my brother/god's gift to sports car maintenance, insists that I get it serviced again next month, despite the fact that it's still under a dealer warranty and isn't due a P2 for another 5k miles. It drives fine and doesn't have any mechanical issues. I will ask the dealer if he changed the oil last week, but is it really worth having another garage look at it so soon? Is he being a bit fussy?

Cheers,

DT

Should be fine at the moment but no harm in giving the car a good look over yourself/with brother - I wouldnt worry about taking it into a garage so soon - I heard cars like Mitsubishi Evos need constant servicing but from what I have seen the Zeds are made of tougher stuff. Just check oils, fluids etc yourself I would say if it had a service 4k miles back.

I think it's 9000 miles or every year, whichever is sooner. I guess it really depends what has actually been done at the previous services.

Aux drive belts might need a look at, and spark plugs need changing about that mileage.

it is 9k or 12 months

sparks are 55k I think or 5 years

To be pedantic it's 54k or 5 years :) . The reason for the 5 year interval is I would imagine to stop the plugs from seizing up in their sockets? I did a little research and kept coming up with a figure of 105k for the plugs and that it seems is what is recommended in The States :surrender: , together with a 3.5k service interval :lol:

Pete