Just installed JVC HU - wiring pics to help others

jjt

Hi all,

just installed JVC KW-AVX640 - really impressed. Wasn't as much of a nightmare as I thought it would be after reading some of the other threads on here so thought I would take a few pics for people to use as a reference.

Firstly... If in doubt get a professional to help; I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG!

Right, firstly I used the great stickied threads showing what I needed and how to do it, along with http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Head_Unit_Installation

Here are a couple of pics which may help others, as it took me i while to get my head around everything beforehand!

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

Wiring to get the steering wheel buttons to work in conjunction with the HU

IMG_0835.jpg

Spliced the amp remote wire in (blue and white striped cables on both looms) - seems that this has caused lots of people problems in the past!

photo2.jpg

Finished!

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Hope this helps someone; it is pointless asking me for specific advice as I have no knowledge of this sort of thing! I just used the other guides on here and worked everything out in the warmth of my lounge so that minimal time was spent messing around in the car.

The head unit is on offer at the moment for £199; I feel that this is a steal!

Cheers

Jonathan

:clap:

Too many people just dive straight in without looking at how things are done, nice to see someone actually doing things right instead of asking the same old questions :doh:

Thanks Dave, it was actually your posts in other 'help' threads that helped me to understand the principles! Thought a few more pictures wouldn't hurt anyone attempting this

Too many people just dive straight in without looking at how things are done, nice to see someone actually doing things right instead of asking the same old questions :doh:

Thanks Dave, it was actually your posts in other 'help' threads that helped me to understand the principles! Thought a few more pictures wouldn't hurt anyone attempting this

Thanks, and great pictures... I fitted my first HU 3 days after I bought the car and I wasn't an active forum member then, I followed the threads on here too so it is nice to help others out if I can :thumbs:

Does the 640 have a video in, if it does you can pick up a rear view camera for under £20 on eBay that plugs straight in.... more of a gadget than a necessity but if it stops one little dink then it's worth the money 10 times over :thumbs:

Thanks, and great pictures... I fitted my first HU 3 days after I bought the car and I wasn't an active forum member then, I followed the threads on here too so it is nice to help others out if I can :thumbs:

Does the 640 have a video in, if it does you can pick up a rear view camera for under £20 on eBay that plugs straight in.... more of a gadget than a necessity but if it stops one little dink then it's worth the money 10 times over :thumbs:

It does; however I had no idea how to put the camera in without it sticking out like a sore thumb so didn't bother :thumbs:

It does; however I had no idea how to put the camera in without it sticking out like a sore thumb so didn't bother :thumbs:

Me either so I got one of these -

fairlady_.jpg

Replaces one of the number plate bulbs ;)

BM's Thread - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52815&hilit=rear+camera&start=60

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the same head unit into my 350Z the other weekend using bits of this and other guides on the forums.

Can't recommend the unit highly enough, looks great, works great has a detachable front panel for security and is relatively cheap.

I'm glad I found this forum it is packed with useful information and helpful people! :thumbs:

I installed the same head unit into my 350Z the other weekend using bits of this and other guides on the forums.

Can't recommend the unit highly enough, looks great, works great has a detachable front panel for security and is relatively cheap.

I'm glad I found this forum it is packed with useful information and helpful people! :thumbs:

Thanks Jinxy :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would lost a pic of my finished install. Loads of useful info on here and managed to install without too much trouble.

IMG_0574.jpg

Only problem I did have was a slight electrical interference issue that caused a static snap noise whenever I applied the brake. Probably a dodgy ground or something but I installed a ground loop isolator that sorted the problem in case anyone else has this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a JVC HU as well, KW-AVX110. I looked at getting a reversing camera but JVC want a lot of money. Will the One's on ebay work, plug and play?

I have a JVC HU as well, KW-AVX110. I looked at getting a reversing camera but JVC want a lot of money. Will the One's on ebay work, plug and play?

Just check that the HU has a RCA video input and also a remote wire to trigger the camera on, although I guess if it is manual it wouldn't be too much of a pain....

You then wire the camera to your reverse light wire so it gets power when the light is on and run the rca video to the HU and remote wire if needed, so yeah all pretty much plug and play.

Have a search for BM's guide on here I used the exact same camera from eBay took a little while to arrive from China but for less than £20 you can't complain :thumbs:

Just check that the HU has a RCA video input and also a remote wire to trigger the camera on, although I guess if it is manual it wouldn't be too much of a pain....

You then wire the camera to your reverse light wire so it gets power when the light is on and run the rca video to the HU and remote wire if needed, so yeah all pretty much plug and play.

Have a search for BM's guide on here I used the exact same camera from eBay took a little while to arrive from China but for less than £20 you can't complain :thumbs:

Thanks mate, the camera feed at the back is one rca connector (female). Then there is a wire which I have connected up the the reversing gear which will trigger the camera. I just want to find a suitable camera that will work. There seem to be a lot on ebay. Do you know where I could find the thread?

Thanks mate, the camera feed at the back is one rca connector (female). Then there is a wire which I have connected up the the reversing gear which will trigger the camera. I just want to find a suitable camera that will work. There seem to be a lot on ebay. Do you know where I could find the thread?

Here you go matey http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=52815&hilit=reverse+camera

The link on that thread still seems to work, it is the exact one I got :thumbs: