New company been revealed!

Zugara

As some of you were aware, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=55888,

The company I work for was sold last year to a mystery buyer. Well after a long ado, we were finally told last Thursday who the mystery buyer is.

The new owners are SGS. http://www.uk.sgs.com

Is anyone here an employee of this company that can offer up any advice about them?

We had a pre HR meeting on Friday to discuss any questions we wanted put forward to the HR dept, and some questions were answered by the new "line" manager that came and spoke wih us.

Naturally all the employees are very suspicious about the new parent company, although some aspect of our contract will be rewritten for our benefit. A one liner in our current contract states that.

Office hours are 9 to 5, on site hours are 8 to 6. We only get paid office hours! So sgs have said that this will changed to sgs hours of work, 8 to 4 wherever we are.

On an exciting note, they gave an info pack out which contained a sgs frisbee!

I was in a large company that was bought by a larger one, we had contracts rewritten to be consistent across the business and to be honest we were better off. Except that any leadership roles which were replicated by the buying company were in effect redundant immediately regardless of how good you were.

Bigger doesn't always mean better or worse, that change of hours doesn't seem major...

How is your 'line manager' as I know you didn't get on too well with your old boss, hopefully better :thumbs:

New line manager. Hmmmm, smiling assassin IMO. But it's early days!

Hour wise Dave, it's always been a bone on contention, working 10 hours on site but only get paid 8. 2 free hours a day don't wash tbh. I have always been paid what hours I work :surrender:

I did however indicate that I want a transfere to Canada, to which they seemed receptive too. Have to talk to the HR next week about it, as they have openings there ATM.

I did however indicate that I want a transfere to Canada, to which they seemed receptive too. Have to talk to the HR next week about it, as they have openings there ATM.

We are all rats leaving the sinking ship eh?! :lol:

Well I certainly hope so Toby........ :snack:

I was in a large company that was bought by a larger one, we had contracts rewritten to be consistent across the business and to be honest we were better off. Except that any leadership roles which were replicated by the buying company were in effect redundant immediately regardless of how good you were.

This happened when the company I work for was acquired last year, a number of senior people had to leave as part of the acquisition regardless of how good they were.