RB30DETT conversion with 5 speed, Diff ratio help

Guilt-Toy

Hey everyone!

I recently finished doing a RB30DETT conversion into a 2004 350z, it made 380hp at wheels but because I am using a RB25DET 5 speed transmission the ratios are soo far off its really destroying the car, i could only manage a 14.4 second quarter mile it was sooo bad and the quarter mile was finished 2 seconds after changing to third gear because of the 350z's 3.5:1 diff ratio.

R33 skyline had 4.11:1 in manual and 4.39:1 in automatic, which suits the transmission fine.

What i need to do is change the ratio in the Z from something anywhere between 3.9:1 to 4.6:1

Can anyone help or suggest what to do, i can get access to r33 diff's etc etc but do they fit? what can I do to sort this issue out.

any help would be appreciated!

Cheers guys

Thanks for the quick approval.

More info on the car, its an American spec car LHD (sucks i know but its all we are allowed here) , it had a 6 speed in it,

Tomei oil pump

australian rb30 bottom end (stock)

R32 gtr RB26 head with intake manifold and exhaust manifold with the stock twin turbo's

tomei oil pump

hks head gasket

full stainless exhaust

4" fmic

hks oil cooler kit

os twin plate clutch

r33 skyline rb25det 5 speed gearbox

lsd diff (standard i believe)

Vipec plugin ecu

I am a tuner, i tuned the car, it made 380rwhp on just under 1 bar boost, once i get this diff ratio sorted out the car will be complete and the twin HKS 2510's will be ready to go on.

I think the car would travel to 350km/h + with this ratio in it, (if it had enough horse power)

let me know if there is anything else i have missed out.

It is a little messy in the engine bay atm, but here is a pic of the car when I tuned it the other night.

its very messy, they put some coils from a land cruiser on there and had to remove the top cover.

I have alot of work to do under the engine bay... please do not comment on how bad it looks because I know really it looks bad.

its got about 380hp at wheels, with stock injectors. the fuel pump is upgraded. injectors are the 440cc rb26 injectors, they are pretty much on the limit atm.

been driving the car alot today, wow it sounds amazing... it goes really well once you have moved off the line, after 100km/h its nice.

so no one can give any solutions from mixing and matching diff's ?? :(

The S13, S14 and S15 run R200 diffs - their crown wheel and pinion might fit. I've not tried it, but I will be taking my diff apart and comparing the internals soon. My car is going to be used for circuit work only and I could do with a lower ratio.

When I find out I'll post up :)

Good work on the RB30 conversion. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. It'll either be rebuild the VQ with twin turbos, an R35 engine or a V8 of some sort.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the quick approval.

More info on the car, its an American spec car LHD (sucks i know but its all we are allowed here) , it had a 6 speed in it,

Tomei oil pump

australian rb30 bottom end (stock)

R32 gtr RB26 head with intake manifold and exhaust manifold with the stock twin turbo's

tomei oil pump

hks head gasket

full stainless exhaust

4" fmic

hks oil cooler kit

os twin plate clutch

r33 skyline rb25det 5 speed gearbox

lsd diff (standard i believe)

Vipec plugin ecu

I am a tuner, i tuned the car, it made 380rwhp on just under 1 bar boost, once i get this diff ratio sorted out the car will be complete and the twin HKS 2510's will be ready to go on.

I think the car would travel to 350km/h + with this ratio in it, (if it had enough horse power)

Not for one moment knocking your enthusiasm but to make a zed do 200mph is one thing

But 218 Mph is just about the max that Abbeys Racing car will do.

That is 1850bhp and holds the European terminal record and reached 211 mph.

You would need at least £200k to build that brute.

I saw it in action at Santapod yesterday and it was awesome.

I will put the pictures up over the next few days.

Best of luck with you plans. :thumbs: