P3 Service

Trog

The P3 service is supposed to be 4yrs or 36,000 miles.

However, through the various owners, my car has had a mixture of mileage/yearly services: -

P1 - 3000 (1yr old)

P2 - 12,000 (1yr 7month old)

P1 - 21,000 (2yrs 7months old - in June 06)

Car now coming up to 30,000 (and is 3yrs 2month old) - so P3 or P2 next ?

I'm guessing P3, although it seems a little premature? and I usually just go on Milleage. It's the first guy that screwed it up, only doing 3K in a year!! why buy the car :)

Any Advice? + Rough costs for P3 (supplying own oil).

Cheers

P3 imo

the list has been screwed by the first guy doing the P1 after only 3k miles, you are correct, although the oil change would have still been beneficial after the break-in period, so it's all good. SHould have done an oil change at 3k then the P1 done at 9K. and then normal service intervals as per manual.

the P3 is the most expensive and most involved service, btw. Costs will vary depending upon area of the UK, delaerships, and sometimes mood of the operator you speak to ;)

P3 is the sensible option...

Although you don't actually need one for another 6000 miles, there's little point in opting for a P1 or P2.

That said, if you do very low mileage indeed, you could go for a lesser service I suppose, just until you reach the 4year barrier.

P3 it, just to be sure :)

I know it has been asked about before, but is there a detailed list of what should be done at the P3 service? Mine is due soon and as it is an import I am thinking about getting my local garage to do it and provide my own oil etc.

I was also thinking of getting an indedendent to do it, but I need to find someone I trust that knows the car (ideally) - any reccomendations?

I'll probably go for P3 then.

I think it's brake fluid as well (not sure when it was last changed and certainly not in last 18,000miles.

If so, is the ATE Super Blue stuff any good? and how much does it take (sorry for the questions, just being lazy!).

everything that is supposed to be carried out in a P3 is indicated in the service book. It indicates the reccomendation to the dealer (Inspect (I) or Replace ® , from engine oil down to grease in hinges and tread depth...

I find very weird that a Nissan Approved dealer ( even if he did a service at 3000) would have stamped the book at 3k

I think he should have considered that as an "extra" service and not checked the book... and it is correct P1, P2, P1, P££££... i think it is around 350 quid right?

What is involved in the P3

Aren't the service schedules and what they cover, in the service book?

Yes, and that's my problem - I don't have a proper service book for my import - only a bundle of indecipherable sheets from Japan, and the detailed service sheet that was done by the importer when it arrived.

Anybody know where to get hold of a service book, apart from Nissan? Ever seen any on eBay?

What is involved in the P3

Aren't the service schedules and what they cover, in the service book?

Yes, and that's my problem - I don't have a proper service book for my import - only a bundle of indecipherable sheets from Japan, and the detailed service sheet that was done by the importer when it arrived.

Anybody know where to get hold of a service book, apart from Nissan? Ever seen any on eBay?

Pm me your address Jim , I have one that came with an instruction book you can have