Falken 912?

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi My JDM will need new tyres this summer. have 040's at present.

My tyre size is 225/50/17 and 235/50/17 and cant get Falken 452's in both these sizes! ( having read the tyre review section these seemed a good idea!)

Have been reading up on alternatives and Falken 912's seem a viable alternative.

Anyone actually used them who could direct me on how good/bad they are. Spirited driving with no track work ( yet).

My budget is under £500 for all 4 tyres so am limited to quality here.

Guidance please.

JohnUKVetteNut

I used them on a FWD Seat Leon Cupra R and wasnt overly impressed, they were noisy and overall grip levels werent amazing.

If your looking to spend that kind of money id recommend the Hankook V12 Evos, grippier and also wear pretty well. You need to give them a few extra PSI on the zed though compared with the 040's as the sidewalls are a bit softer.

They're the kind of tyres you'd put on your Mum's Golf for her to do the shopping in. I'd even take the 452s over the 912s, and that's saying something for me! :lol:

Set of four Ultrac Sessanta is only £571 at Camskill, do yourself and your car a favour and stretch the budget. It's only the cost of a tank of fuel.

in your sizes camskill don't do the Vreds,

but the Kuhmo KU39 are a little more but not a bad tyre and around the same price, but more tempting to me is the Goodyear eagle F1 GSD3 which seem to be available in your sizes, they are difficult to get hold of, as they stopped making them, but they are a superb tyre if you can find them.

i think it was £160 each for the rear and £140 each for the front.

alternatively the KU39 were about £100 each

hankook 110's also quiet good as well.

Hi

seems my JDM tyres are not available in makes most chosen...sesanta,falken 452,even re50,s dont come in my size 225/50/17 and 235/50/17.

So have narrowed search down to

Goodyear GSD3 F1

Avon ZZ3

Toyo T1 R Proxes

Kumho KU31

which ones?all in my price range. Spirited driving but no track work yet.

Given choice the quietist road noise would be favoured (got bridgestone 40,s at present))

Thanks

JohnUKVetteNut 3 week z owner ( 1200 miles so far and smile gets wider every drive)

if the GSD3 is in your budget then get them

avon kuhmo and toyo are all fine and on par with the falke n452's but not as good as the GSD3

fairly quiet, good grip in dry and wet, loved them on the S2000 and on the GTi6, if i could have got them for the zed i would have.

Sorry,but going to throw a spanner here,i never rated the GSD3 on my Mk4 Astra,and i had a fair few tyres on that,the 452,s probably being the best. I found the GSD's were alright in the dry,but pretty poor in the wet conditions. Admittedly this was on a modest powered Astra Coupe,but found the Hankook Evo's better than the GSD's. Personally,id go for the Hankooks,but then id also trust that someone having had them on a powerful ish RWD car says they are alright,then they are alright. :thumbs:

Sorry,but going to throw a spanner here,i never rated the GSD3 on my Mk4 Astra,and i had a fair few tyres on that,the 452,s probably being the best. I found the GSD's were alright in the dry,but pretty poor in the wet conditions. Admittedly this was on a modest powered Astra Coupe,but found the Hankook Evo's better than the GSD's. Personally,id go for the Hankooks,but then id also trust that someone having had them on a powerful ish RWD car says they are alright,then they are alright. :thumbs:

Gsd3 arent fantastic in the wet but the F1a2's are much better. Dry grip IMO couldnt have been better but sometimes different tyres suit different cars and driving styles. :thumbs:

Gsd3 arent fantastic in the wet but the F1a2's are much better. Dry grip IMO couldnt have been better but sometimes different tyres suit different cars and driving styles. :thumbs:

All depends on the drive and weight and handling of the car they are on. Thats why i was trying not to preach too,just give experience of what car i had them on. They maybe fine on a Zed,but i did find the wet weather grip alot lower than the Hankook Evo's and the 452's.

if buyer is willing to shop around to get the rears then the pirelli pzero assymetricos are good as are the conti sport contact 3, you can get them in the front sizes for less than the GSD3's but you'd need to hunt around to find them for the rears.

if you can get the eagle F1 assymetrics 2 then they are very very good

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goody ... tric-2.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Conti ... tact-3.htm

i like the websaite, not becuase of the human reviews, but because it pulls all the magaziine reviews together for each tyre, so you can see where they tend to come.