Possibly getting a 2007 350z next week!

FrankstaH

Hi guys,

I currently own a 58 plate FN2 type-r.

Today i test drove a 2007 350z and i absolutely loved it. It was the GT with heated leather seats, i think it was the 300bhp model (not the 313?) - I know it's £460 to tax a year???

Anyhow i absolutely loved it.

It has 29k on the clock which is really good for that age, few dinks and knocks but overall condition is outstanding.

I have a slight bit of negative equity on my finance atm so i'm hoping they can throw me together a deal for the zed!

The main thing i love is that as soon as i drove it, it felt perfect. I was so comfortable straight away, felt comfy to drive it fast... the torque is absolutely outstanding (i owned 2 type-r's) so torque is something i haven't experienced. I came onto a dual carriage way and floored it in second, straight to third and when i looked up was nearly doing 90mph - love it!

I feel like a bit of a kid at the moment, got that butterfly feeling in my stomach you get before christmas!

I know a few of the finance companies already declined me, but the guy at the dealership said it wont be a problem and hopefully they'll find one tomorow (i'm only in around £1000 neg equity).

But anyhow...

Hopefully i'll soon be an active member on here :)

First thing i want to do is get the scorpion exhaust set! Sounds amazing from what i've heard!

Any tips / advice???

:drive1:drive1:drive1:drive1

I know a few of the finance companies already declined me, but the guy at the dealership said it wont be a problem and hopefully they'll find one tomorow (i'm only in around £1000 neg equity).

Congrats on a potential purchase....Not to sound to boring :yawn: but may be the finance companies are trying to tell you something about getting into more debt on something which is guaranteed to depreciate :headhurt:

The Z is a fab car but defiantly costs more to run than a FN2 Type R, why not get a slightly older car (say 05), which will be cheaper to Tax and depreciate less, plus the loan you'll be taking out will be smaller and easier to pay off.....that way your wouldn't run into the problem off been in neg equality like you are with the Civic B)

i came from a type-r, however i had the ep3 model. was a really good car and from a 2 litre engine would give alot of bigger engine cars a run for their money.

350z in all ways just feels my classier. the only thing i do miss is the handling, that thing gripped to the road no matter what

Nice one. Id find out if its the 313 one before you buy it. Does it have the big bonnet bulge?! Thats usually the give away sign.

Performance wise, the torque certainly is mad. You can be in 4th at 30 and the engine will pull smoothly. If you were doing nearly 90 in 3rd then you`d have been not far from the red line. Mine does 90 in 3rd and 120 in 4th last time I checked.. on a private road.

29k is very low miles, although a lot of people tend to use these as weekend toys and keep them in a garage over winter.

Good luck, hope it all works out!

:welcome:

You could try and get a small bank loan from your bank to cover the negative equity.

That would free you up to get the finance required to cover only the amount owed on the FN2 versus the part-ex price.

Good luck mate! :thumbs: Theres LOADS of 2007s for sale just now with low mileage, spoiled for choice. Kinda annoying i need to wait 3 months. I've driven 3... and you just don't notice how fast it goes lol Get in there! B)