Private Plate for Z - Opinion ?

Derek_ZR

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't afford a private plate so I changed my name to C545DPG ;)

good idea whats Mrs C545DPG think to that :teeth:

She left me.......... :dry:

they just dont understand :yawn:

At least I've lost some weight out of the car. :thumbs:

always a silver lining :teeth:

HA HA HA :victory: .........till the next minx comes along and tramples on my fragile heart. :wacko:

Go for the "11" 0ption will look good :thumbs:

what about number 8 and put a bolt in the centre of it to make it 0

:teeth:

If my experience of Derbyshire police is anything to go by, you are living on borrowed time with that one.

Ive been done for both my plates, the one on the Golf and the one on the Z. Ive since changed them both to make them look a lot more legal, in fact I think the golf is now 100% legal.

I just got fed up of the £30 fines after the second one.

It did make me chortle a little as Ive seen a coppers land rover (personal car) with a 5 clearly clipped to look like an S. And Ive seen others with sticky tape and bolts used to make words. L19NNC was made to read LIANNE from a distance of about 3 feet. All with the use of black insulating tape! :wacko:

I firmly beleive its becoming more common for the police to pull people for offences that they know carry a fixed penalty/fine. If there isnt any money in it, they arent bothered imho.

And then put it back on from lack of exercise (sex) :thumbdown:;)

Back on topic

I enquired about LOU15, however the guy who has it will not sell it to me, which is very very annoying!!! I will not settle for anything else though as that is all that i want. :thumbdown:

Back on topic

I enquired about LOU15, however the guy who has it will not sell it to me, which is very very annoying!!! I will not settle for anything else though as that is all that i want. :thumbdown:

Just been on the DVLA website and they've got nowt close to LOUIS either buddy. :thumbdown:

I've been looking for L31GHX or L31GHC to no avail :mad:

Any ideas where to look for the people who have these plates??

I've signed up with 2 compaines to find these, but they're not really interested as it's not worth much to them.

Currently have KLZ 2907 not private just from Ireland.

Back on topic

Just been on the DVLA website and they've got nowt close to LOUIS either buddy. :thumbdown:

I know, very upsetting. I saw an old rover with another LOUIS number plate, but not sure how it was done, i think LO1115 or something, but i wear glasses so couldnt see properly.

I did want to get MY54 ZED, but i feel with a plate, i want to get something that is for me, not just the car, hence i can take it with me to the next car i buy

Back on topic

I know, very upsetting. I saw an old rover with another LOUIS number plate, but not sure how it was done, i think LO1115 or something, but i wear glasses so couldnt see properly.

I did want to get MY54 ZED, but i feel with a plate, i want to get something that is for me, not just the car, hence i can take it with me to the next car i buy

I quite agree old boy. MY54 ZED would look silly on your Aston Martin ;)

If my experience of Derbyshire police is anything to go by, you are living on borrowed time with that one.

Ive been done for both my plates, the one on the Golf and the one on the Z. Ive since changed them both to make them look a lot more legal, in fact I think the golf is now 100% legal.

It did make me chortle a little as Ive seen a coppers land rover (personal car) with a 5 clearly clipped to look like an S. And Ive seen others with sticky tape and bolts used to make words. L19NNC was made to read LIANNE from a distance of about 3 feet. All with the use of black insulating tape! :wacko:

I firmly beleive its becoming more common for the police to pull people for offences that they know carry a fixed penalty/fine. If there isnt any money in it, they arent bothered imho.

I've been pulled 4 times in both my zeds and never have they done me for my plate :D

I know Chris , but you have to live dangerously sometimes :teeth:

I've been pulled 4 times in both my zeds and never have they done me for my plate :D

Just means your local consabulary has some real work to get on with then - lol. Private Number plates seem to be the concern of the major crime squad up here! lol.

Too busy Sh4gging each other I think.... maybe that's just my brother in law then.......

The number plate I really want is:

XE51ARO

If you dont get it, read it in the mirror! ;);)

Hehe..

Best plate I ever saw was on a Land Rover defender... SUK 808Y

Woman driver, and she knew when we pulled up next to her why we were P15 SIN ourselves laughin'

Went ahead and bought the plate today.

I put money away every month towards insurance as well as other things and as the 350ZR insurance has gone down and the change from an MG ZR to a Clio for 2nd car has also brought savings so it is this money that paid for the plate :D

Paperwork should arrive within 10 working days so it will be on car well in time for going down to the Lakes in February :) DVLA office is also very close to work so won't have a problem getting the paperwork completed. Will try and get new plates made up next week sometime. Just hoping that his computer allowes him to change the spacing for the 11 to put them a bit closer together than normal :)

On the subject of the police.... not long before I sold the plate (P20G CC), I got pulled by the local traffic/vosa checks for the plate. Didn't get a fine but got a notice to get the plates fixed.

Got new ones made up for that and at the same time got even better ones made up that were mis-placed but on shorter plates as they suited the car better. Put them on after getting home from getting the notice stamped at the MOT station :D