Shes knocked up!

D0rzi

Cant really justify it to the female she think its pointles and a waste of money as it is.

Been looking at prices on autotrader and they are heartbreaking but its got to happen.

Seems there about 5k and up which i would probably be ok with.

If your car is modded then sell the after market products and put it back to oem... it just gives you a betetr chance selling your zed quickly. I advertised my zed on P.H and Autotrader but ended up selling it on here :teeth:

So yeah i need a back seat soon so looks like im going to have to let the Zed go.

Dont really want to do it but cant really afford to have 2 cars.

Anyone have any advice on the best place to sell / part exchange is ?

First up, congrats :thumbs:

Same situation here, desperately hanging on to my Zed, we ended up going for a second car and picking up an 04 Focus Ghia for £2k. Cheap as chips to run really. That said the Zed does look more and more a toy when a baby is enroute but decided I will at least hang on to it till summer so I can enjoy all the modifications I have made - maybe it will move on then - but who knows.

I think when kiddies come along unless your rather flush you have to say goodbye to toys for occasional use, maybe i'm on my own but i couldn't in good conscience by an old hack to run my family around in on a daily basis and leave something like the zed tucked away in the garage...if only from a safety point of view I'd sell the zed and buy something that will keep my family far, far safer over an old runner in the event of an accident.

If i was working on a 10k budget i'd be spending 8k on a decent family wagon and 2k on something like a pug track car for kicks.

Tough decision really, whilst you can buy a shed cheap, the running costs are what screws things up.

I had a shed sitting here which was free, but the insurance was going to cost £600, the tax £235, then MOT, service, cambelt & tyres... i.e. normal running costs... and before you know it its costing quite a bit. Mine was a diesel shed, so I worked out the mpg id save on running it over 12 months as a 2nd car and there was very little in it between running the zed as a daily runner. :(

Just gone through the same thing mate, only car between us was the Zed, baby due in 3 weeks time...

...we bought a Focus in December, we started sorting out the nursery In Jan, two months before, where the Focus came into its own with it comfortably transporting chests of drawers/baby changers and the like. Really though, no need for the sensible car until a few months beforehand.

That said, Becks loves the Zed, and she appreciates that its a passion of mine as I do keep it running 100% with regular check ups and wash it every weekend. She likes to go off do Yoga blah blah but thats her passion, it would be unfair if I said she couldnt waste money on that with a baby on the way in the same way she wont say I waste money on the Zed. Just means that we don't go to restaurants as often etc and actually makes us tidy up our finances!

So yeah i need a back seat soon so looks like im going to have to let the Zed go.

CONGRATULATIONS on the news :thumbs:

A family is way way more important and rewarding than a Z

CONGRATULATIONS on the news :thumbs:

A family is way way more important and rewarding than a Z

...but its good to have little interests other than families and babies to keep you sane ;):lol: