Good product to remove a small "scuff"?

sipar69

Came out of the house the other day to see some white marks on the edge of the front bumper, just in front of the wheel. I gave it a wipe and it came off easily. It looks like something brushed the bumper very lightly on the way past (lot of building going on in our road…. :rant: ).

There was still a light scuff on the paint about an inch in size. I gave it a rub with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and it disappeared, but there are some slightly deeper looking marks left (they look a bit like the small horizontal stone strikes that appear on the side skirts.)

This is one of those things that my better half would tell me only I can see, but I would still like to see if I can get rid of the marks entirely.

Can anyone recommend a decent product? Would something like Turtle Wax Colour Magic work?

(Car colour is Black Edition “Quartz†if it makes any difference.) :thumbs:

Wirebrush?!

Only joking. Personally id be very careful what you do as if your not careful you may end up making the marks worse. When my missus got her car it looked like someone had driven it through a hedge repeatedly. It had scratches all over it. My local paint supplier recommended this polish / cutting compound stuff which has like sand in it. With a lot of elbow grease it got rid of about 80% of the scratches on the car and made the remaining 20% look a lot less visible.

If they are down to the primer then the scratches will need a lot more work.

Wirebrush?!

Only joking. Personally id be very careful what you do as if your not careful you may end up making the marks worse. When my missus got her car it looked like someone had driven it through a hedge repeatedly. It had scratches all over it. My local paint supplier recommended this polish / cutting compound stuff which has like sand in it. With a lot of elbow grease it got rid of about 80% of the scratches on the car and made the remaining 20% look a lot less visible.

If they are down to the primer then the scratches will need a lot more work.

Thanks. Don't think they are down to the primer - they are very small and light (hence no picture). I agree - definitely don't want to make it worse!