Anybody been to the El Dorado Royale in Mexico?

Cragus

I have never been to Mexico but the missus and I quite fancy it this Easter for a 2 week relaxing escape. We have been to the travel agent and are strongly considering booking the mentioned resort on Saturday coming. It is the priciest one at £3600 but from the website and brochures, it looks the dogs danglies - here is the website:

http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels_riviera_maya/

It is near the Playa del Carmen area and the package is inclusive for all meals, drinks, room service and minibar, a free room upgrade, 100$ hotel credit each for spa etc, most recreational activities are free amongst a few other things.

There is a point to this thread rather than rubbing in the minibar. :lol: I know Neilp is a a Mexico regular but he hasn't been to this resort - anyone else??? Surely Captain has - he's been everywhere!

That's close to where I was mate. Its a beautiful area!

Be sure to do the activities! Quad biking, ziplining, underground caves(fresh water and beautiful) and the pyramids etc. I'll show you pics if you come up one night!

Nicoles asking if youre getting down on one knee? :p

Be sure to do the activities! Quad biking, ziplining, underground caves(fresh water and beautiful) and the pyramids etc. I'll show you pics if you come up one night!

Aye, down on one knee to raid the minibar on a daily basis. We are house shopping and lavish holiday shopping so a ring is out of the question unless she's happy with a haribo ring or onion ring. :lol:

Went to the Sensatori Azul, which is in that area too.

Our room had a jacuzzi inside the room!!!

Cancun can be reached via local bus service within 20 mins.

Be prepared to be nearly mugged by luggage boys when exiting the airport though, plus they so swear under their breath if the tip isn't "handsome" enough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your shares profit mate ;):) Never been but it's a very highly rated hotel amongst the yanks I'm told :thumbs:

Aye, down on one knee to raid the minibar on a daily basis. We are house shopping and lavish holiday shopping so a ring is out of the question unless she's happy with a haribo ring or onion ring. :lol:

Enjoy your shares profit mate ;):) Never been but it's a very highly rated hotel amongst the yanks I'm told :thumbs:

Lets hope RRL pushes a bit further today and I'll book the swim up room. :lol:

Went to the Sensatori Azul, which is in that area too.

Our room had a jacuzzi inside the room!!!

Cancun can be reached via local bus service within 20 mins.

Be prepared to be nearly mugged by luggage boys when exiting the airport though, plus they so swear under their breath if the tip isn't "handsome" enough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah all the rooms at this place have a jacuzzi, large walk in showers and four poster beds - looks the business. I don't like the sound of being swarmed by luggage boys at the airport - they will be getting told to bolt! :lol:

Any other tips?

Dont worry craig they will see you coming out of the airport and will be looking for your parents to hassle them...... bless only looking like a wee laddie :lol:;) Oh and I am sure there is another type of ring that you could think of :blush::lol::lol:

Dont worry craig they will see you coming out of the airport and will be looking for your parents to hassle them...... bless only looking like a wee laddie :lol:;) Oh and I am sure there is another type of ring that you could think of :blush::lol::lol:

Hoi, don't be giving me a hard time because I have kept hold of my youth. Just because you wear a tweed jacket! :lol:

Mayan ruins - lol - you'll be hard puched to get me away from the bars, restaurants and room service to go sight seeing! :lol::lol:

There's a few places with ruins and very good day out. We done a Mayan shaman(witch doctor) type thing aswell where he does a blessing ceremony.

You can swim with whale sharks aswell but that's mega expensive.

I'll show you the pics. Riviera maya is beautiful and your close to playa del carmen which is quieter than cancun but brilliant also. Has a coco bongo's nightclub (made me bed riddin for 2 days after about 50 shots of something). Beautiful restaurants also. It has a McDonald's for when you be bored of nachos, burritos and fajitas.

Call up and I'll show you my pictures :thumbs:

Hoi, don't be giving me a hard time because I have kept hold of my youth. Just because you wear a tweed jacket! :lol:

Mayan ruins - lol - you'll be hard puched to get me away from the bars, restaurants and room service to go sight seeing! :lol::lol:

Excuse me it is herringbone :blush:;)

Excuse me it is herringbone :blush:;)

It was try swish mate - I liked it! Where did you get it? All i need is that and a 370z toy go with it.

I'll try and jump up soon Neil - would like see the pics! You not put any on here when you got back?

However, for holidays Jay the herringbone jacket is a no...I need to decide between

White linens:

White_Linen.jpg

OR

The 2012 range of Mankini:

Mankini%2Bby%2BAlexander%2BMcQueen.jpg

Went to the Grand Riviera Princess on the Riviera Maya at the end of November 2011 with the GF. Was a great holiday and the all inclusive resorts are huge. Most of the larger resorts looked really good and are all set back from the main road with beach access.

There are a few excursions you can do. We went to Chichen Itza (ancient Mayan city, see an idiot abroad series 1 for more) which was a good day out but a very long coach ride from Riviera Maya.

We also went to Xcaret which is a eco park with lots of animals, nice natural things to see, snorkeling, dolphins and lots of shows including a 2 hour show in the evening. There is also an adventure park next door called Xplor which has humungous zip lines and underground caves to swim in. Both of these are fairly close to Playa del Carmen.

Plenty of things to do there and the locals are very friendly, would thoroughly recommend it :thumbs:

Went to the Grand Riviera Princess on the Riviera Maya at the end of November 2011 with the GF. Was a great holiday and the all inclusive resorts are huge. Most of the larger resorts looked really good and are all set back from the main road with beach access.

There are a few excursions you can do. We went to Chichen Itza (ancient Mayan city, see an idiot abroad series 1 for more) which was a good day out but a very long coach ride from Riviera Maya.

We also went to Xcaret which is a eco park with lots of animals, nice natural things to see, snorkeling, dolphins and lots of shows including a 2 hour show in the evening. There is also an adventure park next door called Xplor which has humungous zip lines and underground caves to swim in. Both of these are fairly close to Playa del Carmen.

Plenty of things to do there and the locals are very friendly, would thoroughly recommend it :thumbs:

Thanks mate - thats really helpful. I will look those things up. I have never been on an all inclusive before as I usually like to have my freedom to go where I choose - how did you find that element of the holiday? I guess it will still be varied as there are 7 restaurants.

It can't come quick enough now...! :lol:

Thanks mate - thats really helpful. I will look those things up. I have never been on an all inclusive before as I usually like to have my freedom to go where I choose - how did you find that element of the holiday? I guess it will still be varied as there are 7 restaurants.

It can't come quick enough now...! :lol:

Well it was my first all inclusive as well, as I'm more of an adventurer on holiday and like to go and see things and explore. However, it was nice to have all of the facilities at your doorstep and included. Loads of pools, bars, swim up bars :teeth: and a private beach. Also just being able to get food and drink any time you like is great. You meet some nice people as well so it's good.

You definitely do need a few excursions to break up the lazy days by the pool. We only went for a week so has difficulty fitting in all the things that we wanted to do, but two weeks might have been too much. It's a shame they don't do 9-10 day packages as I think it would be ideal.