MOT Failure :(

cerealuk

just a thought.. is the old backbox worth anything for scrap metal ? :lol::lol:

There was a thread about this - yes it is because of the dylithium crystals (or something like that) thats in the cat (if your swapping out the full system).

Would just be the backbox, obviously it won't fit in the zed so would need to make a trip back in the Honda crv to pick it up, just wondered if its worth the trip. Unless its gonna be worth >£25 its probably not worth the hassle

:dry: My damn Scorpion rattles on a cross member somewhere when cold :thumbdown:

Mine did too mate - just not fitted properly.

Get under it or take it to your local friendly tyre garage - large jubilee clip on the middle hanger tight as you can and it sorts it right out ;)

Oh :blush: to be fair was fitted by previous owner - will get this sorted now. Thanks! :blush:

I just replaced mine for the same reason.

My back box had been welded around the flange previously. This time both the flange on the back box and the middle pipe had corroded badly so I needed both.

Rather than pay someone to cut the flange out and weld it up I took a punt on one of these auctions by seller 2fast2cool: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350522925849#ht_835wt_1165

Got mine for £150 delivered. Turns out its a JapSpeed which are normally £350 BUT they have known fitment issues and mine sits a bit wonky. I will perhaps get someone to sort it out when I do the y pipe and cats which aren't too far behind by the looks of them!

Sound is not any different to standard really, its a little boomier at low speed accelerating in high gears (say pootling from 25mph in 5th).

Where abouts you based? iv got a standard backbox and cat back pipe in my shed. Its only done about 25k so should be fine. it was off a 56 plate facelift model. you can have to lot for £50 as iv sold the car now

Cheers

Jim

Hi mate, thanks for the offer! any idea what shipping would cost for this or who you would suggest I approach for a quote ? :)

I'm tied between a new scorpion or replacing with a 2nd hand Nissan OEM such as yours, need to find some free time to get over and have a listen to Busters before deciding but if I go Nissan OEM and shipping isnt too costly I'll take you up on that offer :thumbs:

Where abouts you based? iv got a standard backbox and cat back pipe in my shed. Its only done about 25k so should be fine. it was off a 56 plate facelift model. you can have to lot for £50 as iv sold the car now

Cheers

Jim

Hi mate, thanks for the offer! any idea what shipping would cost for this or who you would suggest I approach for a quote ? :)

I'm tied between a new scorpion or replacing with a 2nd hand Nissan OEM such as yours, need to find some free time to get over and have a listen to Busters before deciding but if I go Nissan OEM and shipping isnt too costly I'll take you up on that offer :thumbs:

Pleasepleaseplease get the Scorpion you will never look back. Nice shiney, growly exhaust, that doesn't drone with a lifetime guarentee and shipping already sorted.

sorry Jim! :surrender:

Right...

After hours of trawling through the exhaust section on here I've almost talked myself into going for the Invidia Gemini from Tarmac (with the funky blue tips)..

(I'll be honest I'm mainly considering buying it for looks)

The general consensus seems to be that HFCs of some variety are a worthwhile upgrade to compliment it however if I go for the Gemini then its over what I wanted to spend anyway so the question becomes.. how much of a job is it to fit HFCs at a later date if the new exhaust has already been fitted?

hmmm just been quoted £46 additional on my policy if i add the exhaust. I can get HFCs added for no extra cost but a remap will make it £76.. this is for 3 months before i hit renewal... is this sensible? They asked how much BHP the mods + remap would make and i said <10bhp. I'm guessing this is about right :headhurt:

hmmm just been quoted £46 additional on my policy if i add the exhaust. I can get HFCs added for no extra cost but a remap will make it £76.. this is for 3 months before i hit renewal... is this sensible? They asked how much BHP the mods + remap would make and i said <10bhp. I'm guessing this is about right :headhurt:

Livingstone Warman......thats all I have to say.

I've just had an aftermarket exhaust added to my policy (in anticipation of it being fitted on Tuesday) and mine too was in the £40 region. Was kinda hoping it wouldn't affect the price of the policy as I told them it was 'non performance enhancing' (as suggested on another thread on this forum) and I'm with Sky who are meant to be mod friendly. It's all good though as £40 isn't *too* much extra on the cost of the policy as a whole.

I might go down the HFC route at some point so wonder how much that would push the price up as that would be performance enhancing?

S.

Most of it is probably the admin charge to be fair.

Total paid was £53 - £25 of that was the admin charge and there's 6 months left on the policy. The person at Sky I spoke to broke the costs down and said that upon renewal in July the exhaust mod would add an extra £40 ish on per year. Whilst I was paying the admin charge I also got my Dad put on my policy which put the cost up a bit but thought it'd be a nice treat for him to have a go in the Zed.

Sky insurance told me that hfcs add nothing to the policy as they fall under the exhaust upgrade. I assume u just have an upgraded exhaust premium regardless of what's done to it.

Good to know that! If HFCs aint gonna mean an increase to the cost of the premium then I could well be tempted :)