Van Halens return......

Lexx

I never think its right to see ageing rockers these days trying to do what they did best several decades ago :surrender: That is truely awful :headhurt:

I remember seeing them back in 1984 after going everyone of the monster of rock festivals since 1980 to see my hero Ritchie in 1980 :surrender:

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/donington-1984.html

In better days

I'm off to listen to Eruption on full blast

If you like rock guitar no finer player than Ritchie Blackmore imho, and if you ever get to find a copy of this piece you ought to try this out at full blast! And even though he is still playing at least he isn't trying to do what he did best in the 70's and 80's. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsO26Pgm6qI

I never think its right to see ageing rockers these days trying to do what they did best several decades ago :surrender: That is truely awful :headhurt:

I remember seeing them back in 1984 after going everyone of the monster of rock festivals since 1980 to see my hero Ritchie in 1980 :surrender:

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/donington-1984.html

In better days

I'm off to listen to Eruption on full blast

If you like rock guitar no finer player than Ritchie Blackmore imho, and if you ever get to find a copy of this piece you ought to try this out at full blast! And even though he is still playing at least he isn't trying to do what he did best in the 70's and 80's. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsO26Pgm6qI

Oh I love a bit of Deep Purple & Rainbow too Dave...

:thumbs:B)

I saw purple twice and Rainbow 7 times :blush: If i could just only go back in time once to relive the experience again and not be able to hear anything for a week afterwards! :lol:

Raw music back then non of this choreographed flannel you get today. :thumbdown:

Oh I love a bit of Deep Purple & Rainbow too Dave...

:thumbs:B)

I saw purple twice and Rainbow 7 times :blush: If i could just only go back in time once to relive the experience again and not be able to hear anything for a week afterwards! :lol:

Raw music back then non of this choreographed flannel you get today. :thumbdown:

I never think its right to see ageing rockers these days trying to do what they did best several decades ago :surrender:

Yeah, not just rockers either. If you look at 60's through to 90's bands and individual artists they will have a period from 3-5 years when they at their artistic peak and after that they just go through the motions or gradually fade. Perversely, the artists that last the longest are usually those that rely on others to provide their songs for them. I find it very sad to see bands trying to make a comeback, not good for their legacy IMHO.

Pete

I never think its right to see ageing rockers these days trying to do what they did best several decades ago :surrender:

Yeah, not just rockers either. If you look at 60's through to 90's bands and individual artists they will have a period from 3-5 years when they at their artistic peak and after that they just go through the motions or gradually fade. Perversely, the artists that last the longest are usually those that rely on others to provide their songs for them. I find it very sad to see bands trying to make a comeback, not good for their legacy IMHO.

Pete

Oh dear...... :surrender:

I'll put their first album up their as a nominee for "Greatest Debut" with maybe those by Led Zeppelin, Scritti Pollitti, Meatloaf, Sade, The Doors, Massive Attack.

This hit me like a steam-roller as an impressionable 14 year-old and on to many hours of pathetic attempts to learn the "axe" :blush:

Track 1 - Side 1. Turn it up all the way........................