Garage basics

Daryl

We are moving into our new house at the end of March,and having a double garage im pretty excited about doing detailing inside!

Looking for some basics on equipment etc that would be a good base to start with for detailing and general garage use.

Im guessing the floor should be the first thing to get sorted,but then what?

All suggestions welcome.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are moving into our new house at the end of March,and having a double garage im pretty excited about doing detailing inside!

Looking for some basics on equipment etc that would be a good base to start with for detailing and general garage use.

Im guessing the floor should be the first thing to get sorted,but then what?

All suggestions welcome.

Thats handy,Costco is just round the corner from the new gaff. :yahoo:

Thanks for the offer,but im on a trade members card through my dads business. Cant believe i didnt think of that........

They normally get more car/tool/garage stuff in march time :thumbs:

I might have a trolly jack and axel stands going in a few months

Its also a good plan to put some boarding across the joists to make a little loft for storage :thumbs:

Thats handy,Costco is just round the corner from the new gaff. :yahoo:

Thanks for the offer,but im on a trade members card through my dads business. Cant believe i didnt think of that........

They normally get more car/tool/garage stuff in march time :thumbs:

I might have a trolly jack and axel stands going in a few months

Its also a good plan to put some boarding across the joists to make a little loft for storage :thumbs:

Costco always have some garage flooring :thumbs: .... If you don't have a card let me know and I can meet you at one :thumbs:

WHat about a nice tool box, work bench, storage :shrug:

you edited this - I'm sure you innitially put if you don't have a "car" :lol::p

Costco always have some garage flooring :thumbs: .... If you don't have a card let me know and I can meet you at one :thumbs:

:ninja: ......... bleedin auto correct :lol:

:ninja: ......... bleedin auto correct :lol:

Yes,going to need work benches and storage. Hopefully my mate will let me have some of his old kitchen soon,so that will be a good start. I think it has a few overhead lights in it at the moment,but could always use more. Something on the floor to make it non slip would be good.

Yes,going to need work benches and storage. Hopefully my mate will let me have some of his old kitchen soon,so that will be a good start. I think it has a few overhead lights in it at the moment,but could always use more. Something on the floor to make it non slip would be good.

If the floor has not been painted, then that's the first thing to do. You can also get Anti slip floor paint.

With the Costco Anti fatigue mats the jigsaw ones are better than the rolls. I've got both and the roll is a pita.

Sink.Kettle.Tea Bags.Microwave cos your tea goes cold.

Stool to sit and enjoy your cuppa.

If the floor has not been painted, then that's the first thing to do. You can also get Anti slip floor paint.

With the Costco Anti fatigue mats the jigsaw ones are better than the rolls. I've got both and the roll is a pita.

Sink.Kettle.Tea Bags.Microwave cos your tea goes cold.

Stool to sit and enjoy your cuppa.