Radio fun!

MDMetal

Hi guys Had my Z a month now and im looking into some radio issues, when I bought the car at first all I could get was 1 local FM station, the car went to the dealer (not Nissan) for another issue and now all it gets is a certain national radio station.

I have.... 54 plate UK Z, a stubby of some sort (im guessing the standard nissan if there is such a thing?)

Having read through numerous previous threads Ive had a number of ideas...

Aerial quality.. Ive got a stubby of some sort, people seem to be recommending s2000 aerials, although they dont seem as easy to come by on ebay?

Grounding.. few previous threads have mentioned grounding on the car effecting the reception.

Anyone have any other posisbilities or ideas what to check first? My last car had an aerial not much longer and got pretty decent reception so im clearly lacking/misisng soemthing on my Z

ah ha that could well be it then, id assumed since the rest of the car was standard when i bought it the aerial was too! So S2000 Aereial then? bets place to buy? I peeked on ebay but i cant see any genuine ones just ones which fit.

This might be helpful :D:thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=57213&p=823922&hilit=stubby#p823922

Hi guys Had my Z a month now and im looking into some radio issues, when I bought the car at first all I could get was 1 local FM station, the car went to the dealer (not Nissan) for another issue and now all it gets is a certain national radio station.

I have.... 54 plate UK Z, a stubby of some sort (im guessing the standard nissan if there is such a thing?)

Having read through numerous previous threads Ive had a number of ideas...

Aerial quality.. Ive got a stubby of some sort, people seem to be recommending s2000 aerials, although they dont seem as easy to come by on ebay?

Grounding.. few previous threads have mentioned grounding on the car effecting the reception.

Anyone have any other posisbilities or ideas what to check first? My last car had an aerial not much longer and got pretty decent reception so im clearly lacking/misisng soemthing on my Z

So Ive got my lovely new aerial, but i cant get the damn old one off, is there a trick? reading the manual it sound slike its a simple screw in, of course ive no idea what the current stubby is other than very firmly screwed in! Ive tried a wrench and taken some nice gouges out of the metal but still no movement (dont care about destroying piece of rubbish on it) anyone had simialr experiences? tips? tricks?

So Ive got my lovely new aerial, but i cant get the damn old one off, is there a trick? reading the manual it sound slike its a simple screw in, of course ive no idea what the current stubby is other than very firmly screwed in! Ive tried a wrench and taken some nice gouges out of the metal but still no movement (dont care about destroying piece of rubbish on it) anyone had simialr experiences? tips? tricks?

• 4 weeks later...

My money is on thread lock which does as the name suggests and people can be a bit heavy handed with the stuff. Heat breaks the seal but will also knacker everything else so brute force is probably your only option... Good luck!