rb26

balla

First thing you need will be deeeeeeep pockets.

Custom engine mounts as RB is a lot longer than the VQ. WIll need to make a custom wiring loom & I still don't think the issue with the tach has been resolved yet by the few people who have done it. RB25 gearbox will be needed.

Dont forget that the RB is an engine thats designed to work in a 4WD car & the VQ is RWD.

I looked into doing it a last year, its cheaper to buy a skyline. Infact its cheaper to buy a skyline and keep the Z

You'd need a mounting kit, all the RB256 ancilleries (rad, intercooler, fueling etc etc)

And you would a suitable gearbox. So far as I know, the VQ gearbox wouldnt come close to fitted a RB.

I would suggest doing some serious reading over on my350z.com as it has already been done over there.

If you are serious about this, get in contact with RIPS in NZ. I was in talks with them last year about fitting a RB30 to my Z & they seemed to think it would be easier than a 26. There was a UK tuner that I used once & we discussed it & they were very keen to try it out but I wouldn't trust them with a push bike let alone a car

You're asking on the wrong forum really mate. Since no-one here has done it.

As I say, go over to my350z and do some reading, then contact Abbey Motorsport and see what Mark has to say about it.

In all honesty, unless you happen to have an engine and gearbox sat at home already you would probably be better just getting a TT kit for the 350 if its just power you are after.

Just a suggestion but what about a 2jz I know they are heavy but they are powerful and realiable. Also a few people have converted them so there is more info around.

I'm not sure about this but was told to hey power from the rb26 you still needed deep pockets. This is 400bhp plus. Can you confirm or deny this :thumbs:

Ok thanks and the reason im asking is because the money we need to spend to get power out of the z thought you can pick up a rb26for cheaper and im a mechanic my self so would do the swap at home :D

The rb26 is such a tuneable and reliable engine no care is nice.to work on when it goes wrong and the vq look worse from pics I've seen there is more room to get around it. if and when i buy a engine ill be doing a rebuild anyway

The rb26 is such a tuneable and reliable engine no care is nice.to work on when it goes wrong and the vq look worse from pics I've seen there is more room to get around it. if and when i buy a engine ill be doing a rebuild anyway

Speak to Apex , they have a pro time attack skyline 34.

Imo id just go for a V8 if I was doing an engine swap, an LS lump would be far superior. Then you could always go down the forced induction route on that for even more power.

Like others have said I can understand the thinking using an RB26 but, a V8 is a much better option and there are (as far as i know) off the shelf conversion parts available.

Also just think of the sound :yahoo: nom :cloud9::clap:

A LS1 conversion using a GTO/Monaro as a donor is very doable, and there are conversion kits available from the US.

380bhp standard, 440 bhp with new cam, headers, exhaust and EFI-live.