Want to bin Vodafone and the HTC

Beavis

Yep want to leave Vodafone (shocking customer service) and the HTC Desire (worst phone i have ever owned for making calls and level of signal strength) but the earliest i can upgrade is March 2012. Would love to end my contract early and leave altogether though i gather there will be a penalty to pay?

So basically after thoughts on the above are there any loop-holes to get out of the contract now?, what mobile networks are people using? and i will probably move over to a Apple 4S for my next phone. :):santa:

In my experience with phone / internet providers, if you have an issue which they cannot resolve (i.e. crap signal, dodgy connection etc) and complain to them a few times about it, after they've exhausted their limited set of options to remedy it they often offer to let you out of the contract. At least, this has been the outcome for me with two ropy internet connections and a crap mobile phone! :)

Not likely that Voda will let you out of contract unless they are breaking their side in some way (ala what Jimmy said).

Personally I'm done with the smartphone tax bollox that Telcos are levying these days. I worked out the other day that over 24 months, I'd be better off on GiffGaff (O2 effectively) than O2 themselves and having an 18mo or 24mo contract. I think the costs worked out as £30/mo on GG and £37/mo or £34/mo on O2 18mo and 24mo contracts respectively. That includes buying an unlocked iPhone 4S outright on the GG calcs. Shocking :thumbdown:

As soon as Amanda's contract is up (just over a month) she'll be switching to GiffGaff too. Same deal as she had on O2, just £25/mo cheaper!

Why not get a PAYG sim from each of the providers and try each out for a day/week and see which is best in your area? I'm on Vodafone and I get pathetic data speeds with them - shame really as they used to be excellent before the days of the smart phone.

Yep want to leave Vodafone (shocking customer service) and the HTC Desire (worst phone i have ever owned for making calls and level of signal strength) but the earliest i can upgrade is March 2012. Would love to end my contract early and leave altogether though i gather there will be a penalty to pay?

So basically after thoughts on the above are there any loop-holes to get out of the contract now?, what mobile networks are people using? and i will probably move over to a Apple 4S for my next phone. :):santa:

Not wanting to sound like an Apple basher, because i'm not, but if your worried about signal strength then maybe the Iphone isnt the best choice. My company brought everyone the new Iphone when it came out and all I can say is its a nightmare trying to get through a call without it dropping off. I have the Desire HD as do a few others on our company (they gave us a choice) and the Iphone is easily the worst of the two. Even when calling from landlines there are problems. Our company has used both O2 and Vodaphone over the last couple of years with the same results.

Might just be bad luck but i don't think so. The Iphone is a great handset but from my experiance not the best for calls!

Oh and I tend to work all over the place but mostly in London, and Vodaphone very rarely lets me down on signal strengh.

As SpursMadDave have said , it depends where you live. Also, I have been with Vodaphone in the past and the signal at my home address used to be good. Not anymore. I am with T-Mobile and have to say that there signal is great where I live. 3 Network are fine until you have a problem....................hmmm, the less said about them the better.

When it comes to renewing, just get a SIM only deal and buy your phone outright if you can afford to. You then get a phone which will work on any network and you are not tied into any long contract, especially if you only sign up for a 30 day rolling one. I have saved a fortune by doing it this way. :thumbs:

As an iphone user for about 3 years now, they are superb phones for everything except phone calls!!! The signal recetion is normally mediocre at best. Ignore the signal strength display thats just software, they can tell you anything!

At least with the 4 i recently got it does'nt crash during 'always seemingly during important calls!!' and upgraded it to IOS 501. Other than some mp3 tunes funnnies its been solid.

I was with orange since my first mobbie and always had motorolas, great until they were made in china then used to fall apart! Tried Samsung Omnia which was an excellent phone but the OS was dawg slow (windows) and build quality on a par with an Austin Maxi. The battery used to keep my hands warm though.

Ditched orange and tried vodaphone- pants reception everywhere , went to O2 with iphone 3gs and generally ok but not the best. Still with O2 and iphone so far best combination. Like Chris I i too prefer the 2 year contract , i dont need a new phone every year( unlike cars ..... Ahem) so why pay a fortune?