Nissan Juke, First service, oil flush or not.

Ken

My neighbour has a Nissan Juke owned from new and the first service is booked in for next week.

The Nissan Dealer has recommended using an engine oil flush when changing the oil, he asked me if this was the normal procedure.

My answer was i did not think this was necessary and did not think that Nissan recommended the use of engine flush products in its engines. I know the oil grade will change at this service, will this make a difference.

Model: Juke Acenta 1.6 Petrol Turbo.

Mileage: Under 2000

Was i right or wrong with my comments.

its about £8 all it does is properly clean the engine of all 'cokey' build up inside and all deposits the could possibly be left from the old oil

personally at 2k if will be clean anyway

but theres no given mileage at when to start using it

many dealers dont use it at all.

iv got a bottle in my garage ready to throw in when i next change the oil but my car is on 62k!

you could always buy one from halfords, add it in, drive to the garage, then they carry out the service, this way it only costs you a few quid!!

hope that makes sense!

Bloody typical I get this when I'm off work :lol:

Personally I think that it would hurt, but in the same breath not sure it all that necessary on a first service as my understanding is the same as the above post, it mainly for gunge removal. We offer it but only as an offer not as a part of a standard Nissan service which I think speaks odor it's self really.

However before completely poo pooing the paradime I would likecto check this with our workshop controller, but it would be on Monday I'm afraid :shrug:

T

Personally I think that it would hurt, but in the same breath not sure it all that necessary on a first service as my understanding is the same as the above post, it mainly for gunge removal. We offer it but only as an offer not as a part of a standard Nissan service which I think speaks odor it's self really.

However before completely poo pooing the paradime I would likecto check this with our workshop controller, but it would be on Monday I'm afraid :shrug:

T

I was going to put engine flush in the 350 once but the people at my dealership said that they already use flush as part of the service anyway.

T

Thanks T

Engine flushes can damage an engine, according to Honda, Ford, General Motors, and Nissan in the US at least.

Ref: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... vices.html

I was just about to say this - I know many who have answered are proper mech types to I'm not questioning your judgement but my granddad always used to say an engine flush strips the crap and clogs your filters with it?