350z Nismo bodykit - is it genuine or fake?

L4V15

Hi everybody. Does anybody know how you can tell whether a 350z Nismo bodykit is genuine or fake? Should it have a part number or nismo or anything like that stamped on it anywhere? Just a little suspicious as to whether this one is real. The seller of the car tried to tell me that it was factory fitted but I'm not convinced. Any info would be great.

Thanks Steve

Due to the unique design of the Zed front (ie - blunt as ***k), they are hugely succeptable to stone chips (OEM and aftermarket bumpers alike).

IIRC your car is a 54 plate, so thats 7 years of driving on brits crappy roads getting peppered by stones.

Hmm, interesting. Yea just had a look and compared it to the one in the photo and it does actually look genuine. And like you say it's 7 years old and now covered 105,000 miles so yea fair play I guess. The tips of the spoiler seem to be pretty much touching the bodywork of the car but with little black pads in-between. Does this also sound right?

Hmm, interesting. Yea just had a look and compared it to the one in the photo and it does actually look genuine. And like you say it's 7 years old and now covered 105,000 miles so yea fair play I guess. The tips of the spoiler seem to be pretty much touching the bodywork of the car but with little black pads in-between. Does this also sound right?

I believe the black pads were on the genuine spoiler, mine is a copy and has no pads but more clearance.

Yea it's doing very well. Lol, are they not supposed to go onto high mileage or something? All the jap cars I've had in the past have handled high mileage easily way beyond 105000. I didnt even think anything of it to be honest, guessed it would be fine. Not bad, seems that it is a genuine full Nismo kit then. Managed to do a clean swap for this car for my 2001 X reg Audi s3 with 119,000 miles on the clock. Had the 350z fully serviced and checked out inside and out. Sorted all the niggley faults and seems that it's a decent example. Over the moon with it, had on around a month now.