Sent Home!

Digsy

The wind is so bad in Ormskirk that the Police have cordoned off the town cenre and all the car parks and the bosses have sent us home. Tiles were coming down all over the place and I passed god knows how may fallen trees on my journey home (which took twice as long! :wacko: ). I get home to find my back gates flapping around in the wind - the wood where the locks are has just shattered. :headhurt:

Anyone else living in the eye of the hurricane?

Yeah. Its pretty bad here. Luckily the roads have been pretty quiet so far today, probably all the normal people stayed at home today.
I'm in work does that make me abnormal? :bang:

Yep :p

Im in work too, luckily ive not had to go far yet today. I bet ive just bloody jinxed that though

It's totally calm here at Prestwick Airport. :teeth: Wee bit of snow this morning, but nothing to shout about. My girlfriend however is stuck in Schipol airport. She was supposed to be flying from Glasgow to Hamburg via Schipol today, but almost all flights out of Amsterdam are cancelled because of "hurricane force winds." Poor girl's terrified as she said the pilot had 3 aborted landings before finally getting the thing on the tarmac on his 4th attempt!! :scare:

what a nightmare!

left work at 3.45 (just off J21 M6 where it connects to the M56) to hear the ONE junction I had to do to cross the Manchester Ship canal (Thelwall viaduct) was shut!. M56 was shut in most places, so I took the A556 then Chester road.... well it is now 8pm and I've just arrived.

Lost power in work, finished off the laptop battery and went home. Might as well have stayed there in the dark, tbh. 4 hours to do 13 miles is madness :wacko:

Nice and sunny here in california B)

Bit chilly tho, hit a a low of 60F so had to button my shirt up :p

Beer is keeping me cool tho, only wind round here is coming from my mates backside after a dodgy In'n'Out burger :dry:

Mate, we know your really in Skeggy :teeth:

A tree fell down in the car park of the Pub at the end of my road and crushed some dudes cavalier !!! What was funny was that he was drinking in the pub across the road and not the pub where he parked and the landlord had asked him to move his car as he was a persistant offender, and he basically said F off. Justice:D

A tree fell down in the car park of the Pub at the end of my road and crushed some dudes cavalier !!! What was funny was that he was drinking in the pub across the road and not the pub where he parked and the landlord had asked him to move his car as he was a persistant offender, and he basically said F off. Justice:D

Now that's some good news!! :yahoo: