Knock Sensor Location

chocohercules

Under the lower plenum , not a nice job to get to. remove upper and lower plenum and manifold to get to the knock sensor. If the motor is out you can get to the sensor without stripping all the stuff of but you wont be able to torque the knock senor retaining bolt without removing all the above parts.

Whats the problem with the car?

Thanks for the reply ab. Well engine light is on, had a service done so not spark plugs, air filter! Car is running ok no missfire symptoms but feels really sluggish, no pull at low revs and feels rough! Had a search on the forum and sounds like other people have had the trouble and pointed towards knock sensor??

Thanks for the reply ab. Well engine light is on, had a service done so not spark plugs, air filter! Car is running ok no missfire symptoms but feels really sluggish, no pull at low revs and feels rough! Had a search on the forum and sounds like other people have had the trouble and pointed towards knock sensor??

Have you read the code?

(UPDATE) Hi guys thanks for the info!

I have had the code reading: P0335 CKP Sensor Circuit Problem!

Any ideas? its some sort of Sensor where is it located? Cost? and is it easy to get to and replace?

Cheers :thumbs:

That will be your crank position sensor. :thumbs:

Update! i have located the crank position sensor cleaned it, but light remains even after trying to erase the code. Cell goes off then once engine is turned off and re-started cell comes back on. Going to buy a new sensor from the dealer on the weekend. could an aftermarket clutch affect the sensor as i had one fitted which isnt a dual mass jobby, was just reading up on afew threads.............

More codes I was told the Crank Position Sensor was causing my ABS and ESP (traction control) lights to come on? is this true?

C1130 Engine 1 Fuel Cut System Fault

C1103 R Front Wheel Sensor Circuit Open/Short

Thanks for any info guys :thumbs: