DECAT= MORE FUEL ?

Bobby81

Hi guys,

I got a silenced decat fitted a moth ago plus remaped at abby , and i realised the car drink more fuel now badly ..like for 110 miles covered cost me £50 is this normal ! .!! so i was thinking to swap it with berk HFC .. or both do the same thing ?

Looking for suggestions please

Hi guys,

I got a silenced decat fitted a moth ago plus remaped at abby , and i realised the car drink more fuel now badly ..like for 110 miles covered cost me £50 is this normal ! .!! so i was thinking to swap it with berk HFC .. or both do the same thing ?

Looking for suggestions please

:scare: If your using that much fuel you better check for leaks. Thats about 10 mpg.

The economy is about what I get anyway. Disconnect the lambda sensor and if economy doesn't change at all then it could be an issue: The car could be running rich.

A dyno run would also give some answers.

Not the easiest of things to work out without a garage to assist though

he got it remapped plus if you put decats on you don't magically drop 15mpg be aide of no remap.

this is the reason you should always have the car re-tuned after doing major mods.

Get the car booked in at abbey motorsport, rs tuning, or horsham for uprev tuning

he got it remapped plus if you put decats on you don't magically drop 15mpg be aide of no remap.

this is the reason you should always have the car re-tuned after doing major mods.

Get the car booked in at abbey motorsport, rs tuning, or horsham for uprev tuning

I didn't see any difference in mpg after fitting decats. Are you supposed to run a throttle controller after a remap? Most people seem to get rid of them afterwards.

Speak to Mark and see what he says. He has seen the car first hand, so knows a lot more about it than us.

I would suggest disconnecting the throttle controller. It might not be playing nicely with the tuned throttle map and my be causing the car to inadvertantly run rich.