New Gaming Chair

spursmaddave

Build this

EDIT

Oooops, repost, lol

Emmmmm this looks stupid. Fun for a flying game or something however the movements are not really representative of a cars movement.....

I like the ones that move a little bit, they are cool.

that looks awesome spurs :thumbs:

those fanatec wheels are the nuts arent they!! i got a G25 with customised leo bodnar buttons

Im in the middle of doing mine now having some problems mounting my cobra to the base but we welded together a frame and sprayed it quite a good job if i do say so myself..except till i can sit in it its useless :lol:

Yeah I went for a Fanatec one as it is the best one for Xbox 360 and also works with PC & PS3. I looked at a G25 & G27 which are great for PS3 and PC but not great for Xbox, you can get an adapter but it is not 100% apparently. The Fanatec is a work of art, beautifully made from aluminium and it feels so weighty and strong almost like a real wheel and the force feedback is unbelievable, if you loose it on a corner at speed it is a real workout to hold onto it :drive1

I haven't attached the chair to the wheel frame as this way I can easily move it around and use the chair for Fifa and other games too :thumbs:

yeah ive done the same best you can move the chair bit around mine can screw in and then unscrew it and use it as an everyday chair..im also taking my pedals apart and reverse mounting them onto a frame so will be in spot on position :thumbs:

yeah i dont own ps3 or xbox so mine does me fine..have you got rfactor game??

if not should get it can race ya online sometime..im not sure what other games we can race online though :shrug:

il get some pics of mine up in a bit

and your right my mates got your wheel not as good though might be version before yours..but i played formula 1 2011 on it and you do wonder how the real drivers bloody manage to keep it in a straight line

Thought i would give SMD a run for his money :lol:

wasnt prepared to pay near on £300 for a basic frame so me and my engineer wizard of a mate got to work with some alloy tubing

this is stage one really and the basic inlay of the simulator im trying to build

as my mate put it "elegantly finished in black"

only to discover that its not finished yet :bangin:

Excuse the wiring and mess

have still got to adjust seat!!

dismantle pedals and fit independantly and mount to frame

make then weld a triple monitor holder to front

make and weld keyboard/desktop holder

make a weld rear speaker stands

figure out where to put all the wires :shrug:

few steering wheel mods

add all the rumble and vibration stuff to seat/frame

Ive only managed a half hour spell as a test at the moment and managed to set my fastest ever lap at melbourne :drive1

It really is a different experience when you got the right kit and have good surround sound setup

if i must say so myself im quite impressed with it glad i done this rather than get a ps3 or xbox

except the seats slightly too low the steering wheels slightly to high and the pedals are slightly too far away :lol::lol::lol:

will get it sorted though my gf said i seem to have brought my zed modding catastrophies into other genres now :thumbs: