Anyone Uprated their Suspension?

S11BAN

Unfortunayely not Sarnie but check some of them out on the adverts mate :)

Had a look but its hard to tell when your pics are either in the dark or in the direct sunlight :p

What I did notice is that you are number 107 and i'm 108 :thumbs: Both of ours have the nismo kit, wonder if there is any link ie they were made at the same time? B)

I did loads of research before I bought my suspension. Eibachs lower about 40mm I believe, and some of the US guys have said this puts the suspension geometry out of toloerance and have had to go to adjustable TCA's etc.

I went for RS-R Ti2000 springs whic lower about 15mm-20mm. These do keep everything in tolerance and are only slightly stiffer then standard. Coupled with the Tokico D-Spec adjustable struts it was superb. Tokico D-Spec's are the same as Nismo S-Tune suspension as they are made by Tokico, except they are better as the S-Tune aren't adjustable.

Here's mine with the RS-R's and Tokico's.

2006-04-22Wheels030.jpg

I did loads of research before I bought my suspension. Eibachs lower about 40mm I believe, and some of the US guys have said this puts the suspension geometry out of toloerance and have had to go to adjustable TCA's etc.

I went for RS-R Ti2000 springs whic lower about 15mm-20mm. These do keep everything in tolerance and are only slightly stiffer then standard. Coupled with the Tokico D-Spec adjustable struts it was superb. Tokico D-Spec's are the same as Nismo S-Tune suspension as they are made by Tokico, except they are better as the S-Tune aren't adjustable.

Here's mine with the RS-R's and Tokico's.

2006-04-22Wheels030.jpg

I would advise searching here and my350z.com for other people's experiences.

Whoops wrong button

• 1 month later...
How necessary is it to uprate the dampers if you are only lowering about 20mm? I want to keep it within tolerance, as I don't want to put adjustable bars on to get the alignment right!

Depends on how hard the new springs are and if you have bigger heavier wheels. I found that the RS-R's and 19's were too much for the stock dampers and it seemed to wallow when pushed. That's why I went for the Tokico D-Spec's.

How necessary is it to uprate the dampers if you are only lowering about 20mm? I want to keep it within tolerance, as I don't want to put adjustable bars on to get the alignment right!

Depends on how hard the new springs are and if you have bigger heavier wheels. I found that the RS-R's and 19's were too much for the stock dampers and it seemed to wallow when pushed. That's why I went for the Tokico D-Spec's.

Got 19" Nismo LMGT4 alloys and am considering these Ti2000 spring also, where did you get your kit from?

Got 19" Nismo LMGT4 alloys and am considering these Ti2000 spring also, where did you get your kit from?

Bought mine from eBay. A company selling out Vegas way. I found him from eBay.com, i.e. the US site.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone here have the Bilsteins?

when I get some dosh I will get bilsteins...but they will be the same spec as GT-S ... not the std off the shelf bilsteins... ;)

No spring change, no lowering... simply better handling on UK roads... That's what I heard anyway... ;)

If you ask bilstein direct and say you want the same spec as the Nissan GT-S version... I think they will make a custom set for you.

But if you are after a stiffer ride "race feel" they will probably not be for you...