Ridiculous.........

nixy

Just phoned my local Nissan dealer for a price on a motor for my front windscreen washers. Why the hell can't they just look in a book or on a computer and say it costs X amount? Instead I get this:

Him: "what is your registration number",

Me: N11 blah blah blah,

Him: "oh is that a private reg?"

Me: "yes"

Him: "what was the number before?"

Me: "no idea I imported my car "

Him: "Oh it's an import? do you have your V5 handy then"

Me: "No i'm at work"

Him: "I can't give you a price without your chassis number."

Me: "why? surely an item costs the same whatever my reg or chassis number is?"

Him: "can't do it on computer without chassis number".

Me: "can you use a random reg from another 350z?"

Him: "I don't have one".

Me: "Ok I will get you one and call you back."

Him: "Ok".

FFS!!!!

I already got a price off Alex but as this is a dealer on the way home from where I work I thought if the price was similar I might as well just pop on my way home. Forget it, way too much like hard work!

:lol:

I think a lot of it is more to do with the software their parts systems use now. I know I used to be able to go to my local dealer and say "im looking for a bit", they would bring up the microfiche and 9/10 times know what "bit" i was talking about. It was then just a case of keying in the part number and getting a price.

Now they want the reg number and the whole lot - even my local non dealer parts place is the same.

:lol:

I think a lot of it is more to do with the software their parts systems use now. I know I used to be able to go to my local dealer and say "im looking for a bit", they would bring up the microfiche and 9/10 times know what "bit" i was talking about. It was then just a case of keying in the part number and getting a price.

Now they want the reg number and the whole lot - even my local non dealer parts place is the same.

Ordinarily I would agree, as the parts computers are set up to be stupid proof for obvious reasons

(I.e. car/reg or chassis/body, electrics, interior/ then a micro fish from there.)

However in this case they are all the same, so it was a two second job to say that the NMGB part was four times plus vat more expensive, and had a two week back order :lol::lol:

Good luck Nixy

This is a new department being rolled out through more and more businesses of late and they are known as:-

The Sales Prevention Department :teeth:

Just phoned my local Nissan dealer for a price on a motor for my front windscreen washers. Why the hell can't they just look in a book or on a computer and say it costs X amount? Instead I get this:

Him: "what is your registration number",

Me: N11 blah blah blah,

Him: "oh is that a private reg?"

Me: "yes"

Him: "what was the number before?"

Me: "no idea I imported my car "

Him: "Oh it's an import? do you have your V5 handy then"

Me: "No i'm at work"

Him: "I can't give you a price without your chassis number."

Me: "why? surely an item costs the same whatever my reg or chassis number is?"

Him: "can't do it on computer without chassis number".

Me: "can you use a random reg from another 350z?"

Him: "I don't have one".

Me: "Ok I will get you one and call you back."

Him: "Ok".

FFS!!!!

I already got a price off Alex but as this is a dealer on the way home from where I work I thought if the price was similar I might as well just pop on my way home. Forget it, way too much like hard work!